Miles of Golf - Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Regional Fitting CenterWhat is this?
- Launch Monitor
- Indoor Fitting
- Outdoor Fitting
- SureFit Cart
Address3113 Carpenter Rd
Ypsilanti, MI, 48197-9603
Contact Information(734) 973-9004
The second you book a Titleist club fitting at Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti, Mich., you've proven you'll go the extra mile for your game.
That's all Brent Norton, a Titleist authorized fitter and Director of Custom Fitting at Miles of Golf, needs to know.
Step one: Commitment. Step two: Confidence.
"My job as a fitter," Norton says, "is to make sure first and foremost that a player has the best 14 clubs for his or her game."
In order to play your best and shoot lower scores, you need to be able to trust your equipment on each and every shot. Miles of Golf, one of five Titleist Regional Fitting Centers within the Titleist Fitting Network, specializes in building that trust, working with you to build a set composition that precisely fits your game.
"It's a well-oiled machine. We do fittings like teaching academies do lessons," says Norton, adding that Miles of Golf fits over 1,500 players a year, from higher handicap players to some of the best players in the Midwest. Norton says golfers have come from as far as Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Minneapolis, for fittings.
"We don't have a big advertising budget, but our business keeps growing because of word of mouth," he say. "Playing with properly fit equipment is a huge performance advantage. That's not a secret."
Upon arrival at Miles of Golf for your Titleist fitting, it's off to the range to get in some warm-up swings with a bucket of Pro V1's.
Your next stop is The Cluboratory, which is exactly what it sounds like. A laboratory for your game.
Open year-round, The Cluboratory features four weather-protected fitting bays that allow players to hit out onto the range so ball flight can be observed and analyzed. The facility is stocked with Titleist's fitting tools and an extensive shaft matrix to provide a comprehensive, tour-level fitting. The Cluboratory also features top-notch fitting technology, including TrackMan launch monitors, that enables the fitters to confirm players are dialed-in to the right specs.
"We'll use numbers but it's definitely not the Holy Grail," Norton says. "It's more about taking the player's feedback and then backing it up with the science."
A session in The Cluboratory begins by recording the baseline numbers with your current equipment. From there, you'll work with the fitter to determine which club and shaft combinations feel and perform best, paying particular attention to distance, trajectory and yardage gaps. As part of its 27-acre practice facility, Miles of Golf also has a short-game facility with three greens and four bunkers where you can fine-tune your wedge setup.
Norton is one of nine fitters on the Miles of Golf staff that works in The Cluboratory, a place where fitting and learning goes hand-in-hand.
A closer look at Miles of Golf (and The Cluboratory):
- 27-acre practice facility has over 100 tees (grass and synthetic mats) with 42 covered and heated bays for year-round use, a short-game area and two practice greens.
- The Cluboratory fitting center is open year-round and features four weather-protected fitting bays that allow players to hit out onto the range so ball flight can be observed and analyzed. Staff includes nine expert fitters.
- Technology available: TrackMan, Foresight GC2, SAM PuttLab and Quintic Ball Roll.
- 10,000 square-foot golf shop ranked in top 100 best golf shops in the country, according to Golf World magazine.
- The Kendall Academy, the largest golf academy in Michigan, has eight experienced PGA and LPGA professional instructors giving lessons year-round.