TITLEIST ADVANCES TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP POSITION WITH INTRODUCTION OF NEW NXT TOUR AND NXT GOLF BALLSTwo New Ways to Go Low
Fairhaven, MA (January 26, 2010) – Titleist, the #1 ball in golf, introduces the most advanced generation of its NXT franchise yet with the new multi-layer NXT Tour and new solid technology NXT.
“The New NXT Tour and New NXT deliver even higher performance and longer distance, further establishing each model as benchmarks in their respective categories,” said George Sine, Vice President, Golf Ball Marketing and Strategic Planning, Acushnet Company. “Based upon comprehensive machine testing, as well as positive feedback captured during player testing with current NXT family loyalists and competitive golf ball users, we have delivered two exciting new ways for golfers to lower their scores.”
NEW NXT TOUR: Utilizing advanced multi-layer technology, the New NXT Tour will be longer off the driver and long irons for most golfers, while delivering consistent shot-stopping greenside control, soft feel on all shots and outstanding durability.
• Large, faster 1.58" dual core, multi-layer design provides longer distance and soft feel on all shots.
• Soft, thin, more durable Fusablend cover contributes to soft feel and exceptional control into and around the green.
• Conversion to a low-count, high-coverage Tour-proven 332 Icosahedral dimple pattern in seven different sizes combined with a Staggered Wave parting line contributes to enhanced aerodynamics and longer distance off the driver and long irons.
• Tour-validated A.I.M. (Alignment Integrated Marking) sidestamp assists in alignment at address off the tee, as well as when putting.
“The new, advanced design of the NXT Tour offers an outstanding balance of overall high performance and control,” said Bill Morgan, Senior Vice President, Golf Ball Research & Development, Acushnet Company. “The New NXT Tour pushes the envelope of advanced multi-layer solid core technology, delivering longer distance, soft feel and shot-stopping spin.”
NEW NXT: The newly designed NXT replaces the NXT Extreme, and improves upon its predecessor’s promise of extreme distance and straight ball flight. With high speed and low spin, the NXT provides the straightest flight within the Titleist golf ball family, and is also the most durable Titleist golf ball.
• Large and fast 1.575” solid core provides high velocity for extreme distance.
• Ionomer cover contributes to low spin on all shots for long, straight distance.
• Higher coverage 332 Icosahedral multi-dimple pattern combined with a Staggered Wave parting line contributes to enhanced aerodynamics.
• A.I.M. (Alignment Integrated Marking) sidestamp assists in alignment at address off the tee and while putting.
• Cut-proof cover durability.
“The New NXT strengthens Titleist’s leadership position within the solid technology segment,” said Sine. “The New NXT has been designed to deliver best in category distance, straight flight and durability.”
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION: To generate awareness and excitement of the performance advancements to the New NXT Tour and NXT products, the NXT launch will be supported by an extensive television, print and internet advertising campaign. Television commercials will feature personalities Scott Van Pelt and Di Stewart, while the print campaign will communicate the product benefits and performance improvements, positioning the new models as “Two New Ways to Go Low.”
AVAILABILITY: The New NXT Tour and NXT golf balls will be sold in traditional dozens and three-ball sleeves and will be supported by extensive introductory sampling initiatives. Shipments will commence on February 1, 2010. The suggested retail price of the New NXT Tour will be $40.00 per dozen ($29.99 MAP), while the New NXT will carry a suggested retail price of $34.00 per dozen ($25.99 MAP).
Titleist, FootJoy comprise the major golf brands of the Acushnet Company, an operating company of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE - FO).
Contact: Joe Gomes, Director of Communication (508.979.3211) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of Page