TITLEIST INTRODUCES TOUR-PROVEN PRO TITANIUM 905R 460cc DRIVERLargest Titleist Driver Has Already Won Acceptance, Tournaments Across Worldwide Tours
New Titleist Pro Titanium
Click image to download hi-res.
The Pro Titanium 905R is designed with all the core performance deliverables that have made Titleist Pro Titanium drivers the choice of tour players, PGA club professionals, top amateurs and serious golfers at every level of competitive golf. The largest volume Titleist driver ever, the Pro Titanium 905R offers high launch, low spin and maximum ball velocity, with the added benefit of a 460cc head size for greater stability on off-center impacts. The increased head volume provides 10 percent higher inertia for increased forgiveness and a 35 percent larger maximum ball speed area for improved driving performance.
“We strive to provide products to make better players better, and, in terms of performance, the new Pro Titanium 905R is our most advanced driver yet,” said Chris McGinley, Vice President Golf Club Marketing, Titleist. “Players will notice the same classic appearance and craftsmanship that goes into every Titleist titanium driver, while benefiting from the advanced design, engineering and construction technology we used to create the larger 460cc clubhead. The Pro Titanium 905R is the ultimate high-performance driver for the serious golfer, delivering the combination of the looks, feel and ball flight that better players demand.”
High performance Titleist-branded golf clubs, including the new Pro Titanium 905R driver, are not introduced to the marketplace until they are thoroughly machine and player tested at Titleist's state-of-the art Oceanside Test Facility and successfully seeded and performance validated with the world’s most discerning and influential golfers, those across the worldwide professional tours and with PGA Club Professionals. It is in these venues that the Pro Titanium 905R driver already has begun to weave an impressive story of success and momentum:
The new Pro Titanium 905R replaces the Pro Titanium 905T and complements the 400cc Pro Titanium 905S. The 905S is a deeper-faced driver designed with a more forward CG position for high launch and/or high spin players. The new 905R launches one-half degree higher and spins approximately 350rpm more than the 905S. With an extensive selection of lofts and shafts, the 905S and 905R drivers are capable of optimizing the launch conditions of a wider range of serious golfers.
"The new Pro Titanium 905R offers players superior performance with the unmatched combination of great looks and solid feel they have come to expect from a Titleist driver,” said McGinley. “Larger, thinner face, high COR driver technology has gained acceptance by better players and momentum in a competitive marketplace. The 460cc 905R features a square face angle and relatively shallow face depth which inspires a heightened level of confidence at set up. With a complete menu of loft and shaft choices available through Titleist FittingWorks along with our advanced driver fitting methodologies, we can optimize the driving performance of top tour players, and competitive and aspiring serious golfers."
Titleist Pro Titanium 905R Features and Benefits
- Maximum allowable 460cc clubhead size (15% greater than Pro Titanium 905S and 905T)
- Larger head size and sweet spot provides 10% higher inertia for increased forgiveness
- 35% larger maximum ball speed area produces higher ball speed on off-center impacts
- Deeper Center of Gravity (CG) creates higher launch angle
- Produces slightly higher spin than 905S and 905T with a flatter downrange flight
- Bore-thru design offers a solid shaft feel and greater stability
- Square face for a square set up
- Innovative Multi-Material Design
- Separate face, body and hosel construction
- Constructed of 6-4 Titanium body and SP7000 Titanium face insert
- CNC milled 6061 T-6 aluminum hosel tube reduces hosel mass and allows weight to be redistributed lower and deeper in the clubhead to optimize CG location and dynamic face closure
- Strategic weight pads in the skirt walls for optimum CG
- Maximum Allowable Coefficient of Restitution (COR) for Higher Ball Speed
- Thin plasma-welded face insert design produces higher ball speed, maximum allowable COR
- Large, uniformly thin, beta titanium face insert is supported by a thin outer flange
- Larger face flex area for higher COR over more face area
- Acoustic multi-material sole plug
- Positioned farther away from face than 905S and 905T
- Places CG lower and in the optimum position for the larger clubhead
- Dampens sole vibration and helps optimize acoustics
- Impact is more explosive than 905S and 905T
- Classic Titleist pear-shaped design
- Raised crown logo for better visual alignment
- Scorelines feature white paintfill to highlight face at address
- Stock shafts include Graphite Design YS-6+ (64g), Aldila NV 65 (67g), UST Proforce V2 75 (76g) and Titleist Speeder by Fujikura (78g). Additional shafts available through Titleist Custom
- Stock Grip: Titleist Tour Velvet Cord Round. Additional grips available through Titleist Custom
Price and Availability: The new Titleist Pro Titanium 905R will begin shipping to golf shops on March 15, 2006 and is available in both right and left hand. The suggested retail price for the 905R is $500. For more information about the family of Titleist Pro Titanium drivers, shaft matrices and performance comparisons, please visit the Titleist Pro Titanium page at Titleist.com.
WHAT PGA TOUR PLAYERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE PRO TITANIUM 905R DRIVER
Davis Love III: The Pro Titanium 905R has been great for me. It is the first of the big-headed drivers that I have been able to shape right or left. I can tee it low and hit a cut or I can tee it high and hit a draw. It is the easiest titanium driver I have ever hit. It’s very playable and goes a long way. I didn’t want to change what I had because I was hitting my previous driver great, but the 905R gives me something extra. You have to be able to hit the driver under pressure, and when you find something that adds to your game – whether it is another shot or confidence – you know the time is right to make the switch. I feel I have a driver now that I can do anything with in the 905R.
Adam Scott: I put the new Pro Titanium 905R driver in my bag when I started the season in Hawaii and I have been driving it great – long and straight. I have been among the top five in driving distance and among the top 20 in accuracy all year. I am not one to change equipment very often, and I am not going to put something in my bag unless I feel I’m gaining an advantage with it.
Ernie Els: "I tested the Pro Titanium 905R when I started hitting balls while coming back from knee surgery last fall, and it was in my bag when I won the dunhill Championship. I'm striking the ball solid and really like my ball flight and the penetration I'm getting with the 905R. I'm getting all the distance I need, without ever having to sacrifice accuracy."
Zach Johnson: Titleist has always had the most classic, traditional, pear shaped driver heads, and the 905R is no different. I don’t want to play anything that doesn’t look good, and it has to feel good and produce results. The 905R is a little bigger than the previous models, but doesn’t look it. It also allows me to work the ball. I can set up left and hit a little cut or set up right and hit a draw. It is the best driver I have ever hit.
Titleist, FootJoy and Cobra comprise the major golf brands of the Acushnet Company, an operating company of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE - FO). Titleist, FootJoy, Cobra and Pro Titanium 905R, 905S and 905T are trademarks owned or licensed by the Acushnet Company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Top of Page