Champion's ChoiceJay Haas Trusts Titleist from Tee-to-Green in Back-to-Back Victories.
Titleist ambassador Jay Haas is taking the Champions Tour by storm. Just as he did at the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf a week earlier, Haas relied upon a full bag of Titleist equipment for his tee-to-green success en route to a two-stroke win at the FedEx Kinko's Classic. Starting the final round three strokes behind the overnight leader, Haas posted six birdies on the front nine, including five in a row, and closed with three more over the final four holes. Haas fired a final round 7-under 65 to finish at 11-under 205 and earn his fourth career Champions Tour title.
- Haas has finished among the Top 10 in four of the seven tournaments in which he has played, mirroring the momentum of Titleist golf ball loyalists who have won eight of the first nine events on the 2006 Champions Tour. Titleist was the overwhelming most played golf ball at the event with over 75% of the field relying upon the Pro V1 or Pro V1x.
- What's in Jay Haas' Bag?: Titleist Pro V1 golf ball, Titleist Pro Titanium 905R driver (10.5), Titleist Pro Trajectory 904F 3(15.0) and 5 (19.0) fairway metals, Titleist prototype utility wood (21.0), Titleist Forged 700 Series prototype irons (4-P), Vokey Design sand (54) and lob (60) wedges, Scotty Cameron by Titleist Laguna Midslant putter.
- With additional wins on the LPGA, Nationwide and Asian Tours this week, Titleist players have recorded 49 victories across the worldwide professional tours, nearly five times its nearest competitor with 10.
- Titleist was the most played golf ball at the Zurich Classic by an overwhelming 122 (78%) to 13 margin, more than nine times the nearest competitor.
- Titleist was also the choice of more players in the iron (40 vs. 31 for nearest competitor), wedge (123-93) and putter (66-24) categories. Titleist Pro Titanium 905 driver technology was also a strong second among the field with 44 in play, far and away ahead of its nearest competitor with 16.
- Pro V1 player Fred Funk closed with a 10-under 62 to finish one stroke back at the Zurich Classic in New Orleans.
- The leader in Putts Per Round (25.5) and Putts Per Greens in Regulation (1.521) at the Zurich Classic relied on a Scotty Cameron by Titleist Xperimental C5 prototype putter. Cameron putters have been played by a Tour-leading nine champions on the 2006 PGA Tour.
PGA EUROPEAN TOUR
- Pro V1x player John Bickerton fired a course record-tying 63 on Sunday to advance to a playoff at the Andalucia Open de Espana.
- Six players tied for third place at 17-under-par 271, one shot out of the playoff, including five of whom relied upon the Pro V1x golf ball for their success.
- Titleist golf ball players accounted for 81 percent of the field with 126, nearly 8 times the nearest competitor with 16.
- Pro V1 player Mi Hyun Kim shot a final round 1-under 71 to win the Ginn Clubs & Resorts Open by two shots. Kim finished the week at 12-under 276 for her sixth career LPGA victory.
- Over 81 percent of the field at the Ginn Clubs & Resorts Open relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success. In fact, with a count of 118, nine times more players trusted Titleist than the nearest competitor with 13.
- It was the first career Nationwide Tour victory for Duke. Kevin Stadler (Pro V1x) tied for third, two shots off the pace at 11-under.
More players chose Titleist golf balls at the BMW Charity Pro-Am at The Cliffs than all other competitors combined. Of the 156 players in the field, 117 (70%) relied on Titleist, more than six times the nearest competitor with 19. Titleist was also the top choice in irons (41t), wedges (134) and putters (63). Titleist was second in drivers with 40 in play.
- Korea's Suk Jong-ryul (Pro V1x) birdied the final hole to earn his first Asian Tour victory by one shot at the GS Caltex Maekyung Open Sunday. Suk fired a final round 67 and finished the week with a 17-under 271 at Lakeside Country Club.
DIRECT FROM THE TOUR: To view exclusive round-by-round interviews with Titleist players from every PGA Tour event, please visit our Direct from the Tour feature online at: http://titleist.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
RSS FEED: Sign up now for our News site and RSS Feeds that deliver Titleist information daily and directly to the desktop of subscribers. For more information and to subscribe to the titleist.com RSS Feeds, please visit: http://titleist.com/news/news_overview.asp.
Titleist, FootJoy and Cobra comprise the major golf brands of the Acushnet Company, an operating company of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE - FO). Titleist, FootJoy, Cobra, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Pro Titanium 905R, Titleist Pro Trajectory 904F, Vokey Design, and Scotty Cameron by Titleist are trademarks owned by Acushnet Company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Top of Page