Titleist Introduces Path to Better Putting With New Scotty Cameron Detour PuttersInnovative arched body shows proper swing path for optimum ball performance
Master craftsman Scotty Cameron revolutionizes the path to better putting with the introduction of the new Scotty Cameron by Titleist Detour and Detour 2 putters.
Utilizing research accumulated from years of analyzing the putting strokes and habits of the world’s best players, Cameron determined the optimum putting swing path naturally follows a curve created by the lie angle of the shaft. To assist golfers in following the proper path, he developed the new Detour with innovative design elements and visual indicators, highlighted by the arched or curved body and sightline.
“As the putter head travels slightly inside on the back-swing, back to square at impact, and slightly inside on the follow-through, the body tries to manipulate the face to square,” explains Cameron. “The design of this putter keeps the face square to the path line through the entire stroke by showing the player the way. The Detour allows the player and putter to work effortlessly together to achieve ideal ball performance by putting along the proper path.”
CAMERON DETOUR FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Arched Body: Milled from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum, the curved body promotes the proper swing path for optimum ball performance.
- Stainless Steel Heel-Toe Weighting Bar: Provides extreme heel-toe balance for enhanced dynamic stability.
- Milled Body Pockets: Lighten the mid-section of the putter to allow proper weight distribution and CG placement.
- Stainless Steel Backweight: Triangulates weight at the corners of the putter for an extremely high moment of inertia. A vibration dampening ring around the backweight ensures superior sound and feel.
- Angle Milled Body with a High Toe: Provides ideal overall balance, improves set-up appearance and expands the sweet spot for greater forgiveness and a true roll.
- Elastomer Cushion: Surrounds the face, dampening the vibration for a soft sound and solid feel that allows for precise distance control.
The Detour putter features a single bend shaft, while the Detour 2 offers the same performance qualities with a straight shaft configuration. The Detour is available in 34 (340g headweight) and 35 inch (330g headweight) lengths in both right and left hand, as well as 33 inches (350g headweight) as a custom option. The Detour 2 is available in right hand only. Both putters are designed with 4 degrees of loft with a Black Baby T stock grip. Available custom grips include the Red Baby T and the Red or Black Studio Design.
The putter found early acceptance on the PGA Tour as the Xperimental C5 prototype before coming to market as Detour. In fact, it was played by the champion of the Nissan Open in February, and has since earned several victories around the world, including Jason Dufner who won the LaSalle Bank Open on the Nationwide Tour.
The new Detour and Detour 2 will begin shipping to golf shops on August 15, 2006 with a suggested retail price of $300.
Titleist, FootJoy and Cobra comprise the major golf brands of the Acushnet Company, an operating company of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE - FO). Titleist, Cobra, FootJoy, Scotty Cameron, Detour and Detour 2 are trademarks owned by Acushnet Company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Top of Page