Excellence isn’t defined by one round or even one season. It’s a commitment to being the best player you can be shot after shot, and year after year. Relying on the Pro V1x golf ball and a complete bag of Titleist equipment for his tee through green success, Brand Ambassador Bill Haas earned a three-shot victory at the prestigious AT&T National. He is one of just four players on the PGA Tour with at least one win in each of the last four years.
In addition to Bill Haas’ success on the PGA Tour, Titleist Pro V1x loyalist Kenny Perry had a breakthrough performance, recording his first career major at the Constellation Senior Players Championship. It took an extra day and one extra hole on the Web.com Tour, but Titleist Brand Ambassador Ben Martin relied on the Pro V1x and a bag full of Titleist equipment for his victory in a four-player sudden death playoff. More performance, more wins, more trust. It’s why the overwhelming majority of across the world’s professional tours trust Titleist.
With three more wins, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball loyalists have now won 76 tournaments on the worldwide professional tours in 2013, nearly three times the nearest competitor with 25 and more than all other competitors combined.
• • •
PGA TOUR: Of the 132-player field, 85 relied upon Titleist golf balls, over five times the nearest competitor with 16. In fact, Haas, who closed with a 5-under par 66 for a 12-under par 272 victory total, topped a leaderboard that included nine Titleist golf ball loyalists among the 12 players who finished in the Top 10 and ties. It marked the fifth career PGA Tour title for Haas.
What’s in Bill Haas’ Bag?: Pro V1x golf ball, 913D2 driver (8.5º), 913Fd fairway metal (15º), 913H hybrid (17º), CB irons (3-PW), Vokey Design Spin Milled sand (54º) and SM4 lob (60º) wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant putter.
Titleist Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Roberto Castro finished solo 2nd, three shots behind Haas, while Titleist Brand Ambassador D.H. Lee (Pro V1x, 913D2 driver 913Fd fairway metal, 910H hybrids, CB irons, Vokey Design SM4 gap and prototype lob wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport SLT T10 putter) tied for 3rd, another shot back. Lee made nine birdies to match a tournament-best 64 on Sunday. The performances marked the best career PGA Tour finishes for both players.
Noteworthy: Haas has a PGA Tour-tying seven top 10's in 16 starts this year, which also equals his own career high from 2011 … Statistically, Haas led the field in Birdies (25) and tied for 4th in Greens in Regulation (76%) … On the green, trusting a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant putter that he put in play for the first time this week, Haas was 2nd in Strokes Gained – Putting (2.498) and Putts Per Greens in Regulation (1.564).
• • •
NOTES FROM AROUND THE WORLDWIDE PROFESSIONAL TOURS...
CHAMPIONS TOUR: Constellation Senior Players Championship
- Of the 81-player field, 63 relied upon Titleist golf balls, more than 12 times the nearest competitor with 5.
- Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Kenny Perry won his first-ever major championship firing a final round, 6-under par 64 en route to a 19-under 261 victory total.
- Perry birdied two of his final three holes to finish two shots clear of his nearest competitors.
- The win was Perry’s third in three years on the Champions Tour (2011 SAS Championship, 2012 ACE Group Classic).
• • •
WEB.COM TOUR: United Leasing Championship
- Of the 156-player field, 104 relied upon Titleist, nearly six times the nearest competitor with 18.
- Ben Martin emerged victorious from the four-man playoff with a par on the first extra hole.
- What’s in Ben Martin’s Bag?: Pro V1x, 910D3 driver (8.5º), 910Fd fairway metal (13.5º), 913H hybrid (17º), CB irons (3, 5-PW), Vokey Design SM4 gap (50º), sand (54º) and TVD lob (58º) wedges, Scotty Cameron GoLo putter.
- Martin was joined in the playoff by fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Joe Affrunti (Pro V1x, 913D2 driver, AP2 irons, Vokey Design SM4 pitching, gap, sand and lob wedges) and Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Ashley Hall.
- Hall shot a Sunday-best 6-under par 66 to reach the playoff, while Martin fired a 5-under 67.
- The playoff foursome finished at 11-under 277 before darkness fell and delayed the playoff until Monday.
- Titleist golf ball loyalists have won 11 times on the 2013 Web.com Tour, nearly four times the nearest competitor (3).