Parker McLachlin Makes it Two Weeks, Two Wins for 909
Posted: August 4, 2008
Titleist ambassador Parker McLachlin claimed his first PGA Tour victory by seven strokes at the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open, finishing the tournament at 18-under 270. The 29-year old tied the course record with a 10-under 62 in the second round and set a 54-hole record at 20-under. He also earned an invitation to the PGA Championship with the win.
Parker had the following Titleist equipment in his bag at the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open:
- Pro V1x golf balls
- 909 driver (10.5°, 45" Aldila VooDoo X-flex shaft, Lamkin Crossline grip)
- 909 fairway (15.5°, 43" Aldila VooDoo X-flex shaft, Lamkin Crossline grip)
- 585.H utility (21°, 40" UST iRod 90 X-flex shaft, Lamkin Crossline grip)
- AP2 irons (4-P, Project X 6.5 shafts, Lamkin Crossline grips)
- Vokey Design wedges (52°, 56°, TVD60, Dynamic Gold S-400 shafts, Lamkin Crossline grips)
Parker's win marks the second in a row for the new Titleist 909 driver, following Chez Reavie's trip to the Canadian Open winner's circle last week. His is also the first professional win with a new 909 fairway. The Titleist 909 family of products will be available in select golf shops worldwide in October, with complete product information becoming available in September on Titleist.com.
For the week at the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open, Titleist was the most played golf ball with 79 players, more than all other golf balls combined. Titleist was also the top choice in the iron (33), wedge (118) and putter (48) categories. Titleist was second in drivers (30). Titleist equipment counts for PGA Tour and major PGA club professional and amateur events can be found at Golf Club Leaderboard on Titleist.com.
Titleist ambassador Parker McLachlin at the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open.