Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips and customization options to help golfers perform to their potential.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: December 5, 2009
Titleist Brand Ambassador Michael Sim has been voted 2009 Player of the Year by his fellow competitors on the Nationwide Tour. The 25-year-old Australian will receive the Jack Nicklaus Trophy in recognition of the achievement.
Sim began the 2009 Nationwide Tour season with conditional status, but broke several Tour records while winning three events before August to earn a "battlefield promotion" to the PGA Tour. Among his other 2009 accomplishments:
• Shattered the single-season earnings record with $644,142 (previous mark held by Titleist Brand Ambassador Troy Matteson with $495,009 in 2005)
• Sat atop the money list for 24 consecutive weeks (previous record - 20 weeks, set in 1991)
• Set the single-season scoring average record with 68.81 (previous record held by Titleist Brand Ambassador Zach Johnson with 68.97 in 2003)
• Finished first in 10 different statistical categories
• In addition to his three wins, he had two runner-up finishes, a third, a fourth and a fifth, and a total of nine top-10s in 14 starts
• Qualified for two major championships, finishing tied for 18th in the U.S. Open and tied for 51st in the PGA Championship
For more on Michael's 2009 Nationwide Tour Player of the Year Award, be sure to check out PGATour.com. For more on Michael and his Titleist equipment, visit Titleist.com.
Titleist Brand Ambassador Michael Sim was voted 2009 Nationwide Tour Player of the Year by his fellow competitors on tour.