Four Worldwide Wins for Pro V1, Pro V1x Players
Posted: September 13, 2010
Pro V1 loyalist Yani Tseng's comeback victory at the LPGA's P&G NW Arkansas Championship highlighted a four-win weekend for Titleist golf ball players.
In 2010, Titleist golf ball players have recorded 99 total victories, nearly five times the nearest competitor with 20.
Tseng made five birdies on the back nine Sunday at Pinnacle Country Club in Rogers, Ark., to close in 6-under 65 for a one-shot victory. Tseng, who two-putted for birdie from the fringe on 18, started the day three shots back of the leader.
She has come from behind to earn four of her five LPGA victories, including two of her three major championships.
"I really enjoy it out there and I always think what I'm doing right now, like really play one shot at a time," said Tseng. "I don't think behind, I don't think ahead."
Tseng was one of 102 players in the P&G NW Arkansas Championship field that trusted Titleist golf balls, more than seven times the nearest competitor with 13.
• Pro V1 loyalist Russ Cochran earned his first Champions Tour title Sunday at the inaugural New Songdo City Championship in South Korea with a tap-in birdie on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff.
Cochran was one of 41 players in the field that trusted a Titleist golf ball, more than 10 times the nearest competitor with four. Titleist was also first Iron Sets (20); and Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges (37).
• Pro V1 loyalist Peter Karmis opened with consecutive 63s and went wire-to-wire in winning his first Asian Tour event at the inaugural 2010 Handa Singapore Classic at Orchid Country Club.
Karmis was one of 102 players in the field in Singapore that trusted Titleist golf balls, six times the nearest competitor with 17.
• On the South African Sunshine Tour, Titleist Brand Ambassador Tyrone Ferreira (Pro V1x, 909D3 driver, 909F2 fairway metal, AP2 irons, Vokey Design wedges) carded a final round 5-under 67 at Randpark Golf Club to capture the SAA Pro-Am Invitational tournament by one shot. It was Ferreira's second Sunshine Tour title.
Ferreira was one of 95 players in the SAA Pro-Am field that trusted Titleist golf balls, more than two times the nearest competitor with 41.
• Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the PGA Tour's BMW Championship with 41 players, more than five times the nearest competitor with 8. Titleist was also first in Drivers (23), including 15 new 910 prototype drivers; Hybrids (19), including 3 new 910 prototype hybrids; Iron Sets (23); Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges (65); and Putters (26).
• And at the European Tour's KLM Open, 93 players trusted Titleist golf balls, three times the nearest competitor with 31.