Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips and customization options to help golfers perform to their potential.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: April 18, 2011
Just in case you missed them, here are a couple of exciting hole-outs from the Valero Texas Open that earned "Shot of the Day" honors from PGATour.com.
First up, Titleist Brand Ambassador Brendan Steele's chip-in for birdie on the par-9th hole at TPC
San Antonio's AT&T Oaks Course during the first round of the Valero
Texas Open. Steele, who carries three Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled
wedges (52º, TVD58º and 60º), went on to win the tournament three days later, getting up-and-down from behind the 18th green to close in 1-under 71 for a one-shot victory.
Next: A pitch-in from Titleist Brand Ambassador Charley Hoffman, who made one of Sunday's biggest charges to finish tied for second. Hoffman, who carries three Vokey Design Spin Milled wedges (248•06º, 255•13º and 60M), holed out for eagle on the par-5 8th hole on his way to a 4-under 68.
Two days before his 18th birthday, Titleist Brand Ambassador Matteo Manassero captured his second European Tour victory at the Maybank Malaysian Open, leading a 1-2-3 finish for Titleist Brand Ambassadors at Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club.
Manassero's win also set up a Sunday sweep of the weekend's biggest events for Titleist Brand Ambassadors and Pro V1x golf ball players, with Titleist Brand Ambassador Brendan Steele winning the Valero Texas Open at TPC San Antonio later in the day for his first PGA Tour victory.Titleist golf ball players have now won 36 times across the worldwide professional tours in 2011, more than four times the nearest competitor with eight and more than all competitors combined.In total, 4,575 players have played Titleist golf balls in competition across the worldwide professional tours this season, more than six times the nearest competitor with 743 and more than all competitors combined.Here's a closer look at the victories by Manassero and Steele:• Officially, Manassero's Sunday victory at 17 years and 363 days old, just 175 days after he become the youngest champion in European Tour history at the Castello Masters last October.
• Said Manassero: “It feels amazing - it’s a great achievement. As I always say I could never have expected it all to have one win before I was 18 and now I’ve got two. … It’s great to be able to celebrate (my birthday and the victory) together. I’m just now concentrating on being in the top 50 now and getting into all the majors. I’m very happy about this achievement.”
• Manassero finished at 16-under 272 (66-71-67-68), tapping in his Titleist Pro V1x golf ball in for par on No. 18 for a one-shot victory over Titleist Brand Ambassador Gregory Bourdy (71-69-66-67--273). Titleist Brand Ambassador Rory McIlory (69-64-72-69--274) finished third, while Titleist Brand Ambassador Rafael Cabrera-Bello (69-70-69-67) tied for fourth.• Manassero, Bourdy and McIlroy all trusted Pro V1x golf balls for their success, combining for 18 birdies and an eagle over the final 18 holes. In total, 96 players in the field played Titleist golf balls, nearly five times the nearest competitor with 20 and more than all competitors combined.• All 42 clubs in the bags of Manassero, Bourdy and McIlroy were Titleist, including a total of three Titleist 910 drivers, four 910F fairway metals and three 910H hybrids.• Manassero – who plays a Titleist 910D2 9.5º driver (Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 shaft) with his SureFit Tour hosel set at D•1 (-.75º less loft, standard lie) – finished second for the week in Driving Accuracy (76.8 percent). He ranks sixth overall on the European Tour in that statistic at 70.4 percent (138 of 196 fairways).• He also finished first for the week in Greens in Regulation (84.7 percent) and is currently third overall on the European Tour at 78.2 percent (197 of 252 greens).Here's a closer look at Manassero's Titleist equipment:
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5, D•1 SureFit Tour Setting (Project X Graphite Tour Issue 6A4)
3-wood: Titleist 910F 13.5, B•1 Setting (Project X Graphite Tour Issue 7A3)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 17.0 (Project X Graphite Tour Issue HC1)Hybrid: Titleist 910H 20.0, A•1 Setting (Project X Graphite Tour Issue HC1)
Irons (4-P): AP2 (Project X Rifle), 1º flat
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 252•08º (Project X Rifle)Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled TVD58 (M grind) (Dynamic Gold Spinner)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Timeless GSS
• To win the Valero Texas Open, Steele overcame treacherous Texas winds and talented field at TPC San Antonio to win his first PGA Tour event in only his 12th-career start.
• Steele, who turned 28 on April 5, used his Vokey Design Spin Milled TVD58º wedge to get up-and-down from behind the 18th green, rolling in his Pro V1x golf ball from 8 feet for par on No. 18 to secure a one-shot victory. He finished at 8-under 280 (69-72-68-71), one shot ahead of two players including Titleist Brand Ambassador Charley Hoffman (68-73-72-68--281).• Said Steele of his final putt: "Just an outrush of emotion there. I couldn't believe that I had actually done it. It was one of those kind of things. You thought about it as a kid and in high school and everything, this putt is to win a PGA Tour event, this putt is whatever, and you actually have a putt to do that and you actually make it. I mean there's so many times in this game when you don't do what you want or you don't make the putt that you need or you don't hit the shot that you need to hit. It's really something when you pull it off."• Steele is only the fourth rookie to ever win the Valero Texas Open. He earned his 2011 PGA Tour card by winning last November's Nationwide Tour Championship, where he needed at least a fourth-place finish to qualify via the 2010 Nationwide Tour money list.• For the week, Steele tied for second in Birdies (17) and Putts Per Round (26.0), best keeping his wits during an overwhelmingly-windswept week that resulted in the highest winning score in tournament history and so far this year on the PGA Tour.• He was also one of 104 players in the field that played a Titleist golf ball at TPC San Antonio, more than eight times the nearest competitor with 12 and more than all competitors combined. Titleist also was first in Iron Sets (41); Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges (130); and Putters (58).Here's a closer look at Steele's Titleist equipment:
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5 (Oban Devotion 6 65)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21.0 (Oban Devotion 8 85 Hybrid)
Irons (5-PW): 710 MB (True Temper Dynamic Gold)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 52º, TVD58º, 62º (True Temper Dynamic Gold)
• NATIONWIDE TOUR: Pro V1x loyalist Daniel Chopra's third-round 9-under 61 eventually landed him in the winner's circle at the Fresh Express Classic, as fog cancelled the final round Sunday at TPC Stonebrae in Hayward, Calif.Chopra rolled his new Pro V1x golf ball in for six birdies and two eagles during Saturday's round to finish at 9-under 198 (68-69-61), one shot clear of two players including Titleist Brand Ambassador Luke List (67-68-64--199). Titleist Brand Ambassador Erik Compton (67-71-64-202) and Pro V1x loyalists Doug LaBelle II (66-69-67--202) and Mathew Goggin (67-66-69--202) were among the group that shared fourth place.A total of 111 players at TPC Stonebrae trusted Titleist golf balls, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16 and more than all competitors combined.Titleist also was first in Iron Sets (43): Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges (148); and Putters (65). • CHAMPIONS TOUR: Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am with 53 players, nearly five times the nearest competitor with 11.• JAPAN TOUR: Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the Token Homemate Cup with 58 players, more than double the nearest competitor with 26. Titleist also was first in Hybrids (41), including 22 new 910H models; and Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges (110).
Posted: April 15, 2011
We'd like to invite all Team Titleist members in the greater Richmond, Va., area next week to get fit for the best golf ball for your game.
Consider it your invitation to shooting lower scores.
Our East Coast Mobile Fitting Van will be making a pair of stops April 20-21 in Glen Allen, Va., and this is a great opportunity for you to meet with a Titleist Golf Ball Fitting expert, learn more about Titleist's green-to-tee methodology and begin the fitting process.Reserve your spot by calling ahead, or just head over to one of the locations at the days/times listed below.
(For those Team Titleist members in other parts of the country, we will post more dates as they become available.)
Wednesday, April 20 (12 p.m - 7 p.m.)Hunting Hawk GC15201 Ashland Rd.
Glen Allen, VA. 23059(804) 749-1900Friday, April 21 (12 p.m - 7 p.m.)The Crossings GC800 Virginia Center Pkwy.
Glen Allen, VA. 23060 (804) 261-0000
To begin the Titleist Performance Golf Ball Fitting process now, click here.
Posted: April 14, 2011
Since you're here, you probably have noticed that Team Titleist has taken on a bit of a different look, as well as some new-and-improved features. We have been listening to your feedback and working hard on various enhancements to the site, committed to continually improving your Team Titleist experience.
The site's refreshed design will make it easier for you to browse all of the great discussions, tips and insight that are contributed by Team Titleist members on a daily basis. We’ve also streamlined the navigation to create a more user-friendly site.
A few months ago, we asked Team Titleist which features you'd like us to add to the site. The most popular request was for an area to post scores and keep track of statistics.We got to work immediately.
Which brings us to today: We are really excited to introduce the all new My Game experience to Team Titleist...
The My Game experience (which you can always access via the left hand navigation bar) features tools that will allow you to track your scores and key golf stats along with a library of video tips, drills and fixes from some of the best players and teaching professionals in the game of golf.
Just like all of you, the people behind the scenes here at Team Titleist are also avid golfers who are passionate about their games and always looking to shoot lower scores.
We hope the My Game experience will help you improve your game and we look forward to hearing your stories throughout the season.
Let us know what you think of the updates and thanks for being a dedicated member of Team Titleist.
It's Team Titleist Trivia time!
Our host today is Titleist Brand Ambassador Adam Scott, who shot a final-round 5-under 67 last Sunday at Augusta National to finish runner-up at the Masters. Adam is also the defending champion at this week's Valero Texas Open, where last year he closed with rounds of 66-67 on a 36-hole Sunday at TPC San Antonio to win his seventh-career PGA Tour event.
Today's grand prize: A new Titleist Pro V1 golf ball signed by Adam, Limited Edition Team Titleist T-shirt and Limited Edition Team Titleist golf towel (all pictured below).
To see today's question, please watch the following video:
To enter the contest, log in to your Team Titleist account and then reply to this blog post with the correct answer to Adam's question by 4:15 p.m. EST today (Thursday, April 13). Please note: You must be a Team Titleist member to enter. Only one entry per person. We will randomly draw the grand prize winner from all approved entries with the correct answer; Two (2) runners-up will each receive a Limited Edition Team Titleist golf towel.
(Sorry U.S. only. Here's some more info: Why are Titleist sweepstakes U.S. only?) Sweepstakes Rules and Community Policy
**UPDATE: Thanks everyone for playing. For the correct answer, check out the following video:
Congratulations to our grand prize winner (Adam Scott-signed Pro V1, Team Titleist T-shirt and golf towel):
• Jack Z
Congrats to our two runner-ups (Team Titleist towels):
• AAron L• Cris M
To our winners: Please make sure the address in your Team Titleist profile is up to date, as we will be shipping your prize to that address. Thanks!
Thanks everyone for playing. And many thanks to Adam for hosting!