Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips and customization options to help golfers perform to their potential.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: October 3, 2011
BRAND CHAMPIONS: NA AND HOEY WIN TRUSTING TITLEIST EQUIPMENTFROM TEE-TO-GREEN.
Fairhaven, MA (October 3, 2011) - Perseverance paid off for Titleist Brand Ambassador Kevin Na who broke through for his first PGA TOUR win at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. The 28-year-old, who has posted 28 top-10 performances over the course of his eight-year PGA TOUR career, trusted his Pro V1x golf ball and Titleist clubs from tee to green to enter the winners circle.
- Na posted four consecutive rounds in the 60s, including an 8-under 63 in the second round, his low round for the season. He closed with a 6-under 65 for a 23-under 261 victory total. His birdie putt at the par-3 17th was the shot of the day, a 42-foot double breaker that he converted with his Scotty Cameron prototype RD Concept 1 putter. Na led the field with 27 Birdies and Putts per Round (27.0).
- In the final round at TPC Summerlin, Na birdied the 15th, 16th and 17th holes to pull away for a two-stroke victory over fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Nick Watney (Pro V1x, 910D3 driver, 910F fairway metal, 910H hybrid, AP2 irons, Vokey Design sand and lob wedges, Scotty Cameron Fastback putter).
- Titleist golf ball loyalists have now won 29 of 40 events (73%) on the 2011 PGA TOUR, including 14 different full product line Titleist Brand Ambassadors combining for 17 of those victories.
- Eleven of the 14 players who finished among the top 10 and ties trusted a Titleist golf ball for their success. Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice with 98 players, nearly nine times the nearest competitor with 11. Titleist also was first in iron sets (39), including 26 sets of new 712 prototype irons (7 AP2, 8 MB, 10 CB and 1 AP1 set in play); sand, lob and approach wedges (130); and putters (56).
- Watney closed with a 3-under 67 for his fourth straight round in the 60’s. He was followed on the leaderboard by Pro V1 loyalist Paul Goydos, one of two players who tied for 3rd place. Four players tied for 5th, including Pro V1x players Spencer Levin, David Hearn and Tim Herron. Six full product line Titleist Brand Ambassadors tied for 10th place, including: Scott Piercy, Ben Crane, Kyle Stanley, Hunter Haas, Bryce Molder and Kris Blanks.
WHAT’S IN KEVIN NA’S BAG?: Ball: Titleist Pro V1x; Driver: Titleist 910D3 8.5º; 3-wood: Titleist 910F 13.5º; 5-wood: Titleist 910F 17.0º; Hybrid: Titleist 910H 17.0º; Irons: Titleist AP2 4-P; Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled 254•10º, 60.08º; Putter: Scotty Cameron RD Concept 1 prototype.
WORLDWIDE GOLF BALL WINS: Na's victory was one of three on the week for Titleist Pro V1x players, bringing the 2011 win total across the worldwide tours to 132, that is 110 more than the nearest competitor with 22.
• EUROPEAN TOUR: Like the U.S. PGA TOUR, it was a Titleist Brand Ambassador 1-2 finish at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, where Michael Hoey carded a final round 68 at St Andrews for a 22-under par 266 victory total, two shots clear of a charging Rory McIlroy (Pro V1x, 910D2 driver, 906F2 fairway metal, 503i utility iron, New 712 MB irons, Vokey Design pitching, sand and lob wedges, Scotty Cameron GSS putter), who closed with a 7-under 65. It was the second win of the season for Hoey, who won the Madeira Islands Open in May.
- Among the full product line of Titleist equipment in the bags of the top finishers were the new Titleist 712 series prototype irons. Hoey trusted the new AP2 model, while McIlroy opted for the new MB's. The new irons begin shipping to golf shops worldwide in mid-November.
- With the victory, Hoey moves from 83rd to 15th in the Race to Dubai standings, earning an exemption to the Dubai World Championship, the season-ending finale where only the top 60 players compete. World No. 1 Luke Donald, who relies upon the Pro V1 golf ball, tied for ninth at St Andrews, and owns a €1,300,000 lead over McIlroy in the season-long Race to Dubai.
WHAT’S IN MICHAEL HOEY’S BAG?: Ball: Titleist Pro V1x; Driver: Titleist 910D3 8.5º; 3-wood: Titleist 910F 13.5º; Irons: Titleist AP2 (712 Series) 2-P; Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54º, 58º
- Titleist was the most played golf ball at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship with 100 players, more than four times the nearest competitor with 22. Titleist also was first in hybrids (27); iron sets (45), including 30 sets of new 712 prototype irons (5 AP2, 15 MB, 9 CB and 1 AP1 set in play); and sand, lob and approach wedges (183).
• CHAMPIONS TOUR: Pro V1x loyalist Kenny Perry captured his first Champions Tour title, closing with a 2-under par 70 to edge two players, including Jeff Sluman (Pro V1) by one shot at the SAS Championship. The 51-year-old Perry, a 14-time winner on the PGA Tour winner, had an 11-under 205 victory total. The win comes after Perry's 11th Champions Tour start.
- Of the 11 players who finished among the Top and ties, seven trusted a Titleist golf ball for their success. Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the event with 51 players, more than four times the nearest competitor with 12.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
TITLEIST TOUR BLOG: http://titleistblog.com/
FOLLOW TITLEIST ON TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/titleist
JOIN TITLEIST ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/titleist
Contact: Joe Gomes, Director of Communications, Acushnet Company (508.979.3211)