Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips and customization options to help golfers perform to their potential.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: July 15, 2013
Of the 107 players in the 156-player field who relied upon Titleist golf balls at the John Deere Classic, a trio qualified for an all-Titleist Pro V1x playoff. After five holes of sudden death play, Jordan Spieth triumphed over Titleist Brand Ambassador Zach Johnson and David Hearn to capture his first career PGA TOUR victory. Spieth also became the first teenager to win a PGA TOUR event in over 80 years and subsequently punched his ticket for this week's Open Championship at Muirfield.
And while 93 players out of the 144-player field at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic relied on a Titleist golf ball, it was Pro V1 loyalist Hee Young Park who entered the winner’s circle. In an all Pro V1 playoff, Park birdied the third hole of sudden death to defeat Pro V1 loyalist Angela Stanford.
On the Champions TOUR, Titleist Pro V1 loyalist Kenny Perry fired a final round 7-under par 63 and won his second consecutive senior major championship at the U.S. Senior Open. Of the 156-player field, Perry was one of the 117 who trusted a Titleist golf ball for their success.
With three more wins, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball loyalists have now won 80 tournaments on the worldwide professional tours in 2013, nearly three times the nearest competitor with 28 and more than all other competitors combined.
• • •
PGA TOUR: John Deere Classic
- Three players tied for 4th, one shot out of the playoff, including Titleist Brand Ambassador Martin Flores (Pro V1x, 913D3 driver, 910F fairway metal, 712U 2-iron, CB/MB irons, Vokey Design SM4 pitching, gap, sand and lob wedges, Scotty Cameron GSS putter) and Titleist golf ball loyalist Daniel Summerhays (Pro V1x).
- Flores fired the best final round of the tournament with a sizzling 8-under 63 to put himself in contention, while Summerhays had the best single round performance with a 9-under 62 on Saturday.
- Nine of the 11 players who finished among the top 10 and ties relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success.
- Spieth needed a win to become a regular member of the PGA TOUR in order to qualify for the FedExCup Playoffs. With the win, his 614 Non-Member points become retroactive and are added to the 500 he earns for the win, giving him 1,114 points. With that, Spieth is projected to move inside the top 20 in FedExCup standings, safely securing his spot in the FedExCup Playoffs.
- Spieth earns a spot into these additional 2013 and 2014 PGA TOUR events: 2013 World Golf Championships-bstone Invitational, 2013 PGA Championship, 2014 Hyundai Tournament of Champions, 2014 Masters Tournament.
LPGA TOUR: Manulife Financial LPGA Classic
- Park and Stanford each birdied the final hole of regulation to set the sudden death playoff stage with 26-under 258 totals after regulation.
- The pair finished three shots clear of third place finisher Catriona Matthew (Pro V1x), giving Titleist golf ball loyalists a 1-2-3 finish.
- Park fired a tournament-best 10-under par 61 on Saturday to put herself in contention.
CHAMPIONS TOUR: U.S. Senior Open
- Perry completed his comeback from 10 shots down after the second round to win by five shots with a 13-under 267 victory total. His 64-63 finish set a tournament record for the final 36 holes.
- Perry's 63 matched third round leader and fellow Pro V1x loyalist Michael Allen’s Friday score for best round of the tournament. Perry trailed Allen by two shots entering the final round.
Congrats ladies and gentlemen!
wrote on July 16, 2013
So awesome to see Jordan come out on top. He proved that if you've got the game you can play on Tour. Well done
wrote on July 16, 2013