One of the major highlights of 2013 was certainly the dramatic win by Stacy Lewis at The Old Course at St. Andrew's where she triumphed to take home the Women's British Open.
Let's take another look at the Team Titleist recap from August 5th and hear from Stacy on what it meant to claim her second career major...
Stacy Lewis Captures the Women’s British Open Title, Leads 4-Win Week for Titleist Golf Ball Loyalists
Originally Posted August 5, 2013
Video no longer available
It’s never easy to close out a tournament with back-to-back birdies and it’s an even more difficult feat during the final round of a major championship at the birthplace of golf – The Old Course at St. Andrews. But that is exactly what Pro V1x loyalist Stacy Lewis did this weekend as she captured the Ricoh Women’s British Open title in dramatic fashion.
Stacy’s win capped off a weekend that featured a total of four wins for Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x players across the worldwide professional tours. Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball loyalists have now won 88 tournaments on the worldwide professional tours in 2013, more than three times the nearest competitor with 28 and more than all other competitors combined.
Joining Stacy in the winner’s circle this week, Titleist Brand Ambassador Tom Pernice, Jr. birdied the final two holes to capture the 3M Championship for his second Champions Tour title. On the Web.com Tour, Titleist Brand Ambassador Ben Martin closed with a 4-under par 67 to win the Mylan Classic by five shots, earning his second win (United Leasing Championship) in six weeks.
And at the Bosung C.C. Open, Titleist Brand Ambassador Tae Hoon Kim achieved his dream of a first career win on the KPGA Tour, finishing at 21-under 267 for a three shot victory.
For a quick recap of all the action, check out the Team Titleist notes from around the tours below.
• • •
LPGA: Ricoh Women’s British Open
- Of the 144-player field, 95 players relied upon Titleist golf balls, more than seven times the nearest competitor with 12.
- Lewis birdied the final two holes in dramatic fashion – including a 25 foot putt on the 18th - en route to her second career major championship title.
- Lewis closed with an even-par 72 for a two-shot victory over her two nearest competitors, including Pro V1 golf ball loyalist Hee Young Park. She finished with an 8-under par 280 victory total.
- Lewis was among 20 players who had to play 36 holes on Sunday after play was suspended on Saturday due to 40 mph gusts of wind.
• • •
CHAMPIONS: 3M Championship
- Of the 81-player field, 63 players relied upon Titleist, more than 12 times the nearest competitor (5).
- Pernice closed with a 4-under par 68 en route to a 17-under 199 victory total, one shot clear of Pro V1 golf ball loyalists Jeff Sluman and Corey Pavin, who shot final rounds of 62 and 66, respectively.
- Sluman birdied his first seven holes of the day.
- Even though he had a tap-in birdie for the win on the final hole, Pernice drained a 40-footer on the 17th that set up the victory.
- What’s in Tom Pernice’s Bag?: Pro V1x, 913D3 driver (8.5), 913F fairway metal (13.5), 913H hybrids (17, 21), AP2 irons (4-9), Vokey Design SM4 pitching (48), sand (56) and lob (60) wedges, Scotty Cameron Kombi putter.
• • •
WEB.COM: Mylan Classic
- Of the 144-player field, 95 players relied upon Titleist golf balls, five times the nearest competitor with 19.
- Martin finished with a 17-under 267 victory total, one shot off the tournament record. The Web.com Tour’s hottest player has five top-6 finishes in his last six starts and has moved to No. 2 on the money list.
- What’s in Ben Martin’s Bag?: Pro V1x, 910D3 driver (8.5), 910Fd fairway metal (13.5), 913H hybrid (19), CB irons (3, 5-P), Vokey Design SM4 gap (50) and sand (54) wedges, Vokey Design TVD K grind lob (58) wedge, Scotty Cameron GoLo Tour putter.
• • •
KOREA: Bosung C.C. Open
- Of the 156-player field, 110 players relied upon Titleist, more than five times the nearest competitor (20).
- What’s in Tae Hoon Kim’s Bag?: Pro V1x, 913D2 driver (9.5), 913F fairway metal (15), 913H hybrid (19), CB (3-5) and MB (6-PW) irons, Vokey Design SM4 gap (52) and lob (58) wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport putter.
- Fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Dong Min Lee (Pro V1x, 913D2 driver, 913F fairway metal, 913H hybrids, MB irons, Vokey Design SM4 wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport putter) finished in solo third place, four shots behind the champion.
- Eleven of the 13 players who finished among the top 10 and ties relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success.