Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
The full-set Titleist Golf Club Trial program provides golfers with an easy way to experience Titleist products on either the course or practice tee to help determine the right equipment for their game.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: May 9, 2012
When most golfers think of TPC Sawgrass' Stadium Course, the first thing that comes to mind is the par-3 17th (all 137 yards of it) and its world-famous, taunting and dangerous island green.
But No. 17 doesn't stand alone, especially at a Players Championship. It also makes up one-third of one of the most challenging finishing stretches in golf, including the risk-reward 523-yard par-5 16th and 447-yard par-4 18th, which consistently ranks as The Players' most difficult hole.
Team Titleist recently asked Titleist Brand Ambassador Rory McIlroy about his strategy for taking on Nos. 16, 17 and 18, which you can watch in the above video.
Posted: May 8, 2012
To learn more about the technology and R&D that goes in to the construction of the new AP1 irons, please click here.
Posted: May 7, 2012
RICKIE FOWLER WINS ALL-TITLEIST PRO V1x PLAYOFFFOR FIRST CAREER PGA TOUR CROWN Tops Titleist Brand Ambassador Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points to Capture Wells Fargo Championship
Fairhaven, MA (May 7, 2012) – Titleist golf ball loyalist Rickie Fowler earned his first career PGA Tour win in an all-Pro V1x sudden death playoff at the Wells Fargo Championship. Fowler, Titleist Brand Ambassador Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points all finished regulation at 14-under 274, before Fowler delivered a clutch wedge shot to four-feet and converted the winning birdie putt on the first extra hole. Fowler fired a final round 3-under 69, while McIlroy and Points closed with 70 and 71, respectively, to reach the playoff.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Webb Simpson (Pro V1x, 909D3 driver, 910F fairway metal, 910H hybrid, 680 irons, Vokey Design SM4 pitching and TVD sand and lob wedges) finished solo 4th, one shot out of the playoff.
- Titleist golf ball loyalists occupied the top eight positions on the leaderboard. Following Fowler, McIlroy, Points and Simpson on the first page were three players who tied for 5th, including Lee Westwood (Pro V1x) and Titleist Brand Ambassador Ben Curtis (Pro V1x, 910D3 driver, 910Fd fairway metal, 910H hybrids, AP1 irons, Vokey Design Spin Milled gap and lob wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2), while Titleist Brand Ambassador Nick Watney (Pro V1x, 910D3 driver, 910F fairway metals, AP2 irons, Vokey Design SM4 sand and lob wedges, Scotty Cameron GSS putter) finished alone in 8th. Westwood fired a tournament-best final round 6-under 66 that included a 30 through the first nine holes after posting four birdies and an eagle.
- McIlroy, who celebrated his 23rd birthday on May 4, won his first career PGA TOUR title at the Wells Fargo Championship in 2010 at the age of 20. Fowler accomplished the same feat at age 23. Fowler also edged McIlroy at last year’s Korea Open to earn his first victory as a professional.
- McIlroy's performance at the Wells Fargo Championship vaulted him back into the No. 1 position in the Official World Golf Ranking heading into this week's PLAYERS Championship.
- In addition to finishing atop the leaderboard at the Wells Fargo Championship, the three playoff participants were also among the top statistical leaders. Relying upon his Pro V1x golf ball, Rickie Fowler finished T2 in Driving Accuracy (62.5%), T5 in Greens in Regulation (79.2%) and 13th in Driving Distance (305.9).
-The Wells Fargo winner also relied upon four Vokey Design wedges (48, 50, 55 and 59 degree lofts) and trusted his Scotty Cameron Select GoLo putter to tie for 21st in Putts Per Greens in Regulation (1.737). This week’s champion first switched to the GoLo at the WGC-Match Play Championship following a visit to the Scotty Cameron Putter Studio and a few practice sessions on Tour. The reason for the switch from his previous gamer was that he felt like his aim was much better on putts inside 15 feet with the GoLo. He commented that he liked to 'feel' the ball in the hole on those length putts with his previous putter, but with the GoLo all he has to do is "aim and fire."
- Rory McIlroy was among the leaders in each of the major tee-to-green statistical categories. Off the tee, McIlroy ranked 1st in Driving Distance at 330.9 yards. He also tied for 5th in Greens in Regulation (79.2%), tied for 14th in Sand Saves (75%) and was 17th in Strokes Gained - Putting (.830). McIlroy relies upon the Pro V1x golf ball and a complete bag of Titleist golf clubs for his success, including the 910D2 driver, 906F2 fairway metal, MB irons, Vokey Design SM4 pitching, sand and lob wedges and a Scotty Cameron GSS putter.
- D.A. Points was 1st in Greens in Regulation (80.6%) playing the Pro V1x golf ball.
- Ben Curtis remained red-hot following his win at the Valero Texas Open two weeks ago, finishing T13 at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans, and T5 at Quail Hollow. Trusting the Pro V1x golf ball and a full bag of Titleist equipment, he finished among the top 10 in each of the following statistical categories at the Wells Fargo Championship: Driving Accuracy (T9/57.1%), Strokes Gained-Putting (7/1.323), Putts Per Round (T7/27.8) and Putts Per Greens in Regulation (T9/1.700).
WINNER’S CIRCLE: With Fowler's victory, Titleist players have now accumulated 14 golf ball wins on the 2012 PGA TOUR, compared to 2 for the nearest competitor. From tee-to-green, Titleist is also the top choice of more PGA TOUR winners in every major club equipment category, including drivers (6), fairway metals (7), hybrids (4), irons (7), wedges (9) and putters (7).
SOUTH AFRICAN TOUR: Playing under a Modified Stableford scoring system (8 points/albatross, 5 points/eagle, 2 points/birdie, 0 points/par. -1 point/bogey, -3 points/double bogey or worse), Titleist Brand Ambassador Christiaan Basson (Pro V1x, 910D2 driver, 910F fairway metal, 910H hybrid, CB irons, Vokey Design wedges, Scotty Cameron Kombi putter) captured the Investec Royal Swazi Sun Open by one point with a 50-point victory total. The win was Basson's first in three years, edging fellow Pro V1x loyalists Danie van Tonder (Pro V1x, Vokey Design SM4 wedges, Scotty Cameron Timeless putter) and Desvonde Botes by one point. Fifty of the 72 players in the field (69%) relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: TITLEIST TOUR BLOG: http://titleistblog.com/ FOLLOW TITLEIST ON TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/titleist JOIN TITLEIST ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/titleist
Contact: Joe Gomes, Director of Communications, Acushnet Company (508.979.3211)
Standing over his Titleist Pro V1x in the 18th fairway Sunday in a sudden-death playoff at the Wells Fargo Championship, Rickie Fowler took dead aim at the flagstick and his first PGA Tour victory.
A confident swing sent his Pro V1x soaring from 133 yards toward a tricky pin position that had yielded only four birdies all day. The ball landed just below the hole, took two small hops, spun and stopped 4 feet, 3 inches from the cup.Fowler sank the putt for birdie to emerge victorious in the all-Pro V1x playoff with Titleist Brand Ambassador Rory McIlroy and D.A. Points, leading a 1-through-8 finish for Titleist golf ball players on the final leader board: Webb Simpson (Pro V1x, 4th), Lee Westwood (Pro V1x, T-5), Ben Curtis (Pro V1x, T-5), Ryan Moore (Pro V1, T-5) and Nick Watney (Pro V1x, 8th)."Playing against (Rory and D.A.), I know that they're going to make birdie at some point. And I don't want to sit there and try and make pars and stay in it. I had a good number, and I wanted to make birdie," said Fowler, who closed with a 3-under 69 to get into the playoff at 14-under 275."I had a good number, and I was aiming right of the hole with the wind coming out of the right, and if I hit a perfect shot, it comes down right on the stick … I hit a perfect shot at the right time."Pro V1 and Pro V1x players have now combined for 54 victories across the worldwide professional tours in 2012 – including Titleist Brand Ambassador Christiaan Basson's victory this weekend on the South African Sunshine Tour – more than seven times the nearest competitor with seven and more than all other golf balls combined. A total of 6,585 players have teed up Titleist golf balls in those same events, more than six times the nearest competitor with 1,062 and more than all competitors combined.Fowler's keys to success at Quail Hollow? Consistency and precision. He finished T-2 in Driving Accuracy (62.5 percent) and T-5 in Greens in Regulation (79.2 percent). As a results, Fowler rolled his Pro V1x in for 22 birdies over the 72 holes – not to mention his bonus birdie on the first playoff hole."Today I felt really good," Fowler said. "I think a lot of that comes from how well I struck the ball this week and how well I was swinging. So I was able to go out and trust that I was making good swings and I knew that the ball was going to kind of take off in the right direction. That made it a lot easier for me today to sit back, relax and have some fun."McIlroy, who returned to No. 1 in the Official World Golf Ranking Sunday evening, also tied for fifth in Greens In Regulation (79.2 percent). He led the field in Driving Distance at 330.9 yards. Points led the field in Greens in Regulation at 80.6 percent.In total, 106 players in the field trusted Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls for their success, more than seven times the nearest competitor with seven and more than all competitors combined. Titleist was also first in sand, lob and approach wedges (132); and putters (63).• SOUTH AFRICAN TOUR: Five days after celebrating his 30th birthday, Titleist Brand Ambassador Christiaan Basson (Pro V1x) captured the Investec Royal Swazi Sun Open with a 50-point victory total in the Modified Stableford scoring event.Basson edged fellow Pro V1x players Danie van Tonder and Desvonde Botes by one point at the Royal Swazi Golf Club to earn his third Sunshine Tour victory.“This is great – I can’t tell you how much it means to me. I was so relieved when I sunk that last putt," said Basson. "My wedding is in just over a month, and I’m really looking forward to it. This does a fair amount for my stress levels."Fifty of the 72 players in the field relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success, more than two times the nearest competitor with 19 and more than all other golf balls combined.• EUROPEAN TOUR: Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the Reale Seguros Open de España with 92 players, more than three times the nearest competitor with 24 and more than all competitors combined.• CHAMPIONS TOUR: Runner-up Tom Lehman (Pro V1) was one of 55 players at the Insperity Championship relied on Titleist golf balls for their success, five times the nearest competitor with 11 and more than all competitors combined. Titleist was also first in iron sets (17); and sand lob and approach wedges (59).• NATIONWIDE TOUR: Titleist was the No. 1 golf ball of choice at the Stadion Classic at UGA with 108 players, more than six times the nearest competitor and more than all other golf balls combined. Titleist also led the field in iron sets (45); sand, lob and approach wedges (159); and putters (56).
Posted: May 3, 2012
Titleist is once again pleased to offer our popular Mother’s Day/Father’s Day FREE Personalization Program, making it easier than ever to give the golfer in your life a gift you know he or she will enjoy.
Until June 30, 2012, personalization charges will be waived on all Titleist Pro V1, Pro V1x, NXT Tour, NXT Tour S, Velocity and DT SoLo golf ball orders of just one dozen or more.
Customers may create their unique message imprinted on the golf ball in up to three lines of block text in black, blue, red, pink, green, gold or silver ink colors.
See below for further information:
2012 Titleist Mother's Day & Father's Day Promotion Details:• Offer: Free personalization• Products: All Titleist golf ball models • Imprint: Black, Blue, Red, Pink, Green, Gold or Silver ink• 1 color per personalization• Maximum 17 characters per line, up to 3 lines of personalization• Minimum: 1 dozen (packaged in standard dozens) • Dates: An order must be placed by June 30, 2011
Orders can be placed by visiting any authorized Titleist golf ball retailer. To locate an authorized dealer in your area, please visit our golf shop locator at: http://www.titleist.ca/find-a-golf-shop/.