Performance golf ball fitting focuses on finding the best ball for your game and lowering your score.
Be the first to hear about product introductions, surveys, promotions, and sweepstakes. Through Team Titleist News we will provide exclusive communication not available in any other forum.
Titleist offers the most precise club fitting experience in the game.
Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips and customization options to help golfers perform to their potential.
Need to customize headwear, gloves, bags, or golf balls?
Track your stats. Get video tips. Set goals for your golf game.
Posted: July 1, 2013
Excellence isn’t defined by one round or even one season. It’s a commitment to being the best player you can be shot after shot, and year after year. Relying on the Pro V1x golf ball and a complete bag of Titleist equipment for his tee through green success, Brand Ambassador Bill Haas earned a three-shot victory at the prestigious AT&T National. He is one of just four players on the PGA Tour with at least one win in each of the last four years.
In addition to Bill Haas’ success on the PGA Tour, Titleist Pro V1x loyalist Kenny Perry had a breakthrough performance, recording his first career major at the Constellation Senior Players Championship. It took an extra day and one extra hole on the Web.com Tour, but Titleist Brand Ambassador Ben Martin relied on the Pro V1x and a bag full of Titleist equipment for his victory in a four-player sudden death playoff. More performance, more wins, more trust. It’s why the overwhelming majority of across the world’s professional tours trust Titleist.
With three more wins, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball loyalists have now won 76 tournaments on the worldwide professional tours in 2013, nearly three times the nearest competitor with 25 and more than all other competitors combined.
• • •
PGA TOUR: Of the 132-player field, 85 relied upon Titleist golf balls, over five times the nearest competitor with 16. In fact, Haas, who closed with a 5-under par 66 for a 12-under par 272 victory total, topped a leaderboard that included nine Titleist golf ball loyalists among the 12 players who finished in the Top 10 and ties. It marked the fifth career PGA Tour title for Haas.
What’s in Bill Haas’ Bag?: Pro V1x golf ball, 913D2 driver (8.5º), 913Fd fairway metal (15º), 913H hybrid (17º), CB irons (3-PW), Vokey Design Spin Milled sand (54º) and SM4 lob (60º) wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant putter.
Titleist Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Roberto Castro finished solo 2nd, three shots behind Haas, while Titleist Brand Ambassador D.H. Lee (Pro V1x, 913D2 driver 913Fd fairway metal, 910H hybrids, CB irons, Vokey Design SM4 gap and prototype lob wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport SLT T10 putter) tied for 3rd, another shot back. Lee made nine birdies to match a tournament-best 64 on Sunday. The performances marked the best career PGA Tour finishes for both players.
Noteworthy: Haas has a PGA Tour-tying seven top 10's in 16 starts this year, which also equals his own career high from 2011 … Statistically, Haas led the field in Birdies (25) and tied for 4th in Greens in Regulation (76%) … On the green, trusting a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant putter that he put in play for the first time this week, Haas was 2nd in Strokes Gained – Putting (2.498) and Putts Per Greens in Regulation (1.564).
NOTES FROM AROUND THE WORLDWIDE PROFESSIONAL TOURS...
CHAMPIONS TOUR: Constellation Senior Players Championship
- Of the 81-player field, 63 relied upon Titleist golf balls, more than 12 times the nearest competitor with 5.
- Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Kenny Perry won his first-ever major championship firing a final round, 6-under par 64 en route to a 19-under 261 victory total.
- Perry birdied two of his final three holes to finish two shots clear of his nearest competitors.
- The win was Perry’s third in three years on the Champions Tour (2011 SAS Championship, 2012 ACE Group Classic).
WEB.COM TOUR: United Leasing Championship
- Of the 156-player field, 104 relied upon Titleist, nearly six times the nearest competitor with 18.
- Ben Martin emerged victorious from the four-man playoff with a par on the first extra hole.
- What’s in Ben Martin’s Bag?: Pro V1x, 910D3 driver (8.5º), 910Fd fairway metal (13.5º), 913H hybrid (17º), CB irons (3, 5-PW), Vokey Design SM4 gap (50º), sand (54º) and TVD lob (58º) wedges, Scotty Cameron GoLo putter.
- Martin was joined in the playoff by fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Joe Affrunti (Pro V1x, 913D2 driver, AP2 irons, Vokey Design SM4 pitching, gap, sand and lob wedges) and Pro V1x golf ball loyalist Ashley Hall.
- Hall shot a Sunday-best 6-under par 66 to reach the playoff, while Martin fired a 5-under 67.
- The playoff foursome finished at 11-under 277 before darkness fell and delayed the playoff until Monday.
- Titleist golf ball loyalists have won 11 times on the 2013 Web.com Tour, nearly four times the nearest competitor (3).
CLICK IMAGE TO LAUNCH GALLERYHigh MOI, Perimeter Stability Weighted Putter Available Worldwide Aug. 1
Master Craftsman Scotty Cameron’s commitment to the creative process and collaborating with the best players in the world helped lay the groundwork for the new Scotty Cameron by Titleist Futura X putter. Futura X is a high MOI, modern mallet design with advanced perimeter weighting that provides exceptional stability and forgiveness with solid feel.
The new Futura X, available worldwide beginning Aug. 1, is the direct result of Cameron’s extensive work with Titleist Brand Ambassador Adam Scott, who used a prototype version of the putter in winning the 2013 Masters Tournament. Scott, who has been using Cameron putters for more than a decade, calls Futura X “the most stable putter I have ever played.”
Precision milled from high grade 6061 aluminum, the unique Futura X design combines a rear balance bar with deep heel-toe weights plus perimeter weighting under the face. The resulting deep CG provides stability throughout the stroke, while the perimeter weighting adds forgiveness and solid feel. The result is unmatched stability and a great roll.
“I like to describe Futura X as a lethargic putter, for those golfers that need a slow, steady stroke that doesn’t jump around a lot,” said Cameron, whose putters have been the No. 1 choice of players on the PGA Tour since 1997 and counting. “It’s the perfect design for Adam, and will give confidence to all golfers that want stability during the stroke and less hand manipulation.”
Futura X features four stainless heel-toe weights, two 20-gram weights on the rear balance bar and two adjustable sole weights (configured depending on the length) in the front corners of the putter under the face.
The overall headweight of Futura X is 20 grams heavier than a standard Cameron Select putter, resulting in a swingweight of E8. However, since much of the weight is located behind the axis of the shaft and not directly under the golfer’s hands, the Futura X feels stable but not heavy during the stroke.
“Futura X is what I call a ‘force balanced’ design,” Cameron said. “While the putter has a near-face balanced shaft configuration that would normally produce a slight toe hang, there’s so much weight off the back of the putter that it forces the face to hang flat. The rear balance bar allows us to add considerable weight a fairly long distance away from the shaft axis, which is really what drives the high MOI.”
Said Scott: “The new Futura X is the most stable putter I have ever played. I worked with Scotty and his team at the Studio for many hours at the end of last year and we worked hard to get it right. Even when I began to play it on Tour at the beginning of 2013, we were still tweaking the original design right up until I won with it at the Masters. It was definitely a long process and I provided considerable feedback based on my performance with it under the gun.
“For me, the key to the performance of the putter is the perfect combination of perimeter weighting, high MOI and solid feel. I have more confidence in my stroke with this putter because of its design. Scotty determined the best positions for both the fixed and adjustable weights so the head would remain stable throughout the stroke. I have never had more confidence in a putter or my stroke than I do right now with the new Futura X.”
Futura X is offered in standard lengths of 33, 34 and 35 inches. A double-bend, stepless steel shaft with one shaft of offset provides a square, technical visual at address.
The putter has a Frozen Titanium finish that helps reduce glare, two black sightlines and red cherry-dot weights in the sole and balance bar. The mid-milled face texture draws a crisp sound from the aluminum face and body.
AVAILABILITY: Standard length models (33, 34 and 35 inches) are available worldwide through Titleist authorized golf shops beginning Aug. 1, 2013.
ON THE WEB: www.scottycameron.com
• STABILITY through the stroke from the deep, perimeter weighted balance bar and high MOI design.
• SOLID FEEL AND FORGIVENESS at impact from the perimeter sole weights placed under the face.
• MINIMUM TOE FLOW through the stroke from the deep weights that create a force balanced face.
• PRECISION MILLED 6061 aluminum body with T-shaped sight lines for easy alignment.
• IMPROVED SOUND from the mid milled face texture.
• SQUARE SET UP and appearance from the stepless shaft with technical double bend.
• REFINED COSMETICS with a Frozen Titanium finish and red-dot graphics.
• PISTOLERO GRIP with pistol shape for a stable feel in your hands.
RH Lengths: 33’’, 34’’, 35’’
LH Lengths: 33’’, 34’’, 35’’
Head Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
Offset: One shaft
Toe Flow: Minimum
• All models available in 1/2” lengths from 33”-35.5” (standard). Some lengths are custom order only.
• Futura X available in heavy configurations from 34”H-35.5”H.
• Custom Loft +/-1° Custom Lie +/-2°.
• Additional options available through the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop at www.scottycameron.com.