Many of you have been using our Forum to ask for authenticity of product purchased on sites or shops that are not Titleist authorized retailers. We would like to reiterate to you information below about the procedure you need to take.
Counterfeit Product Notice
REPORT FAKES HERE
Lately there has been an increase of counterfeit golf products making their way into the marketplace. While we have a program to aggressively pursue those who engage in these practices, some counterfeit product finds its way into the marketplace, especially via the internet.
Acushnet Company vigorously protects its intellectual property. The potential consequences of counterfeiting and/or selling counterfeits can include fines, product confiscation as well as possible imprisonment. Please be assured that we investigate all leads in this type of illegal activity and will take appropriate action against the sellers.
If you believe you have purchased counterfeit product, or need tips to avoid purchasing counterfeit product, please see the below information. We hope you find this information useful. If you do not find the information you are looking for below, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Spot Counterfeit Product
- If the deal is too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Titleist golf balls are made in the U.S., not China.
- If the goods are shipping from, or located in, China or Hong Kong, they are probably counterfeit.
- Be wary of any seller that requires payment by person to person money transfer, such as Western Union. These types of transfers are not traceable and counterfeiters often use them.
- Always check a seller’s feedback on auction sites.
- Try to compare the product that you are buying against authentic product. If there are any differences, even slight ones, it is most likely counterfeit. We do not sell “seconds” or “blems”, so there will not be different versions of our products in the marketplace.
- If you are in doubt, don’t buy the product.
If you would like more information on the far-reaching global effects of counterfeit products, please see the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s website at http://www.ice.gov/pi/iprctr/index.htm . Please note that you will be leaving www.titleist.com website.
How can I make sure that I purchase authentic Titleist product?
To ensure that you purchase authentic Titleist product, always buy from an authorized Titleist retailer. Our products are primarily sold at golf courses, off course golf specialty shops and certain sporting goods stores. Authentic Titleist products should not be sold at flea markets.
In addition, authorized Titleist accounts are not permitted to sell new Titleist products on Internet auction websites. When you make purchases in these unauthorized locations, there is a much greater chance that the products offered are counterfeit.
To find an authorized retailer, please see our Golf Shop Locator.
I think I purchased a counterfeit Titleist product, what can I do?
You should contact the seller immediately. Most online auction websites have policies to protect a buyer against this type of activity.
To view eBay’s policies, please see www.ebay.com, or click here.
You can also share this information with Acushnet. Please note that Acushnet can not reimburse you for your purchase of counterfeit product. But you can help stop this practice by sharing your experience with us.
How do I report counterfeit Titleist product?
Please click here to report counterfeit Titleist product. This information will aid our efforts in stopping this practice.