Dear Titleist Concierge or any others in the know...
Hi, I previously posted under golf clubs but I guess it is more appropriate under this tread...
I currently game 712 MBs with NS Pro Modus 3 in R flex. Previously I was using 710 AP2 in NS Pro 1050 flex R. I am interested in trying out Aerotech Steel fiber shafts but don’t know if the i95 is suitable for my style.
FYI my game style I am a swinger with a smooth tempo and I like to feel the club head. My current 712 MB with modus 3 is a D2 SW up to 9. The PW is a D4. I typically shoot between 80-85 but 2 infant sons have reduced my golf time and I like to try graphite shafts for the extra zip especially on the long approaches.
Previously I have tried to play NS PRO 950 in R flex (SW D1) (MP 59s, MP 53, 710 AP2, TM TP irons previously) but these always feel to light for me somehow. If I increase the swing weight then my wrist seems to always break at the top and I lose clubhead feel. I have always liked a heavier stable feel on all my clubs despite my slower rythym.
I like the current modus 3 set up but would like to get more distance (especially on the mid and long irons) but not sacrifice the consistency and feel. I had previously used NS Pro 1050 on my 710 AP2 (reshafted) and decided to try the modus 3 without even trying the clubs. I had little problems adapting to the new set...whew : )
Now...I am thinking of custom ordering the new 714 AP2 with Steelfiber from Titleist but they only carry Steel fiber i95 in flex R.
I have few questions for you:
1) I would appear from what I’ve read on the forums that Steel fiber i95 in R play above flex. IS this true?
2) Does steel fiber play more like TT Gold versus the smooth release of NS Pro?
3) Do you need a lot of effort to load these shafts? From a GEA forum, it is quoted that i95 flex R is equivalent to almost a rifle 6.0 FCM? Is this true?
4) Is there a steel fiber which comes close to NS Pro 1050 or Modus 3 flex R in feel…but with added benefits of a graphite…in distance? Does the answer lie with the 70 or 80 gram models?
5) If indeed the i95 is too stiff, can I spec the i80 flex R or UST recoil prototype F3 flex R from Titleist? I like the low profile paintjobs on both these shafts. Also I hear these are both best in class for their categories. Would a D2 sw in these puppies be possible?
7) Any other suggestions? Anyone had experience with the recoils? Should I just stick to my modus 3 "R" flex if there are no equivalents?
Appreciate your comments… Kelvin