Titleist Blazes Worldwide Leaderboards in 2007Titleist Golf Ball Momentum Reaches New Heights
Fairhaven, MA (December 11, 2007) – A prolific record of accomplishment that began 59 years ago on the U.S. PGA TOUR, the longest running success story in golf continued around the world for Titleist golf balls in 2007. With 169 victories compared to 28 for the nearest competitor, Titleist was once again, the overwhelming choice of more players and more champions across the worldwide major professional tours than all other golf balls combined.
WORLDWIDE GOLF BALL LEADERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
• Titleist golf balls were the choice of more than eight times as many players as the nearest competitor: Titleist: 20,742. Nearest competitor: 2,521;
Titleist golf ball players combined to earn more than five times more money than the nearest competitor: Titleist: $342,203,366. Nearest competitor: $58,254,727.
• On the 2007 PGA TOUR, Titleist golf ball player’s accumulated 23 victories, as many as all other golf balls combined. With 4,349 players, nearly 3 out of every 4 teed up Titleist, that’s more than nine times the nearest competitor with 477.
• More than half of the top 50 money winners on the 2007 PGA TOUR relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success, including Masters champion Zach Johnson (Pro V1x), U.S. Open champion Angel Cabrera (Pro V1x) and British Open champion Padraig Harrington (Pro V1x).
• Nine players trusted Titleist golf balls en route to their first career PGA TOUR victories in 2007, including Charley Hoffman (Bob Hope Chrysler Classic), Mark Wilson (Honda Classic), Boo Weekley (Verizon Heritage), Nick Watney (Zurich Classic of New Orleans), Hunter Mahan (Travelers Championship), Brian Bateman (Buick Open), Joe Ogilvie (U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee), George McNeill (Frys.com Open) and Daniel Chopra (Ginn sur Mer Classic).
• Titleist was the #1 ball at the Presidents Cup with 12 players, including six from the victorious United States team and six on the International squad. Among the Titleist golf ball loyalists on the U.S. Team were Woody Austin, Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Steve Stricker, David Toms and Scott Verplank. Titleist players on the International team were Angel Cabrera, Geoff Ogilvy, Nick O'Hern, Adam Scott, Vijay Singh and Mike Weir.
• Titleist players registered five times more victories on the 2007 PGA European Tour (Titleist 30, Nearest Competitor 6) and more than five times as many wins on the Champions Tour (Titleist 21, Nearest Competitor 4) than the nearest competitor. Titleist players also had more wins than all other golf balls combined on the LPGA (16) and Nationwide (19), and accumulated another 60 wins across the Asian, Australasian, Canadian, Japan and South African circuits.
• Loren Roberts captured the Charles Schwab Cup as the Champions Tour's leading money winner at the final event following a year-long battle with fellow Titleist player Jay Haas.
• On the LPGA Tour, Pro V1 player Cristie Kerr secured her 10th career victory and first major championship at the United States Women’s Open. The winner of the McDonald’s LPGA Championship also relied upon the Pro V1.
• Of the 25 players who graduated from the 2007 Nationwide Tour and earned their PGA TOUR cards for 2008 based on final earnings, 18 relied upon Titleist golf balls. Similarly, of the 26 players who earned their cards via the 2008 PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament, 21 relied on Titleist golf balls including medalist Frank Lickliter who led wire-to-wire in the six round event.
Nothing inspires more confidence than a proven record of results. That's why more of the best trust Titleist, once again the worldwide leader in players, wins and money. For a comprehensive list of every Titleist golf ball winner from every major professional tour worldwide in 2007, please visit our Golf Ball Leaderboard at: http://www.titleist.com/news/newsdetail.asp?id=480&category=Titleist_on_tour
Top of Page