A Quick 9: Stacy PrammanasudhStacy Prammanasudh is the defending champion at this week’s Franklin American Mortgage Championship. She defeated Lorena Ochoa last year by three shots for her first career win on the LPGA Tour. We caught up with the Oklahoma native recently for a Quick 9…
Prammanasudh, a Pro V1 loyalist, won the 2005 Franklin American Mortgage Championship
1. What do you do for fun away from the course?
SP: I love to shop, especially for stuff for my house. I do most of my own decorating so I’m always looking for new and interesting items. I also enjoy working out and yoga.
2. What jobs did you have before golf?
SP: I’ve had a few interesting jobs, including picking up range balls, working as a grocery store clerk and working at an Orange Julius chain.
3. Tell us something that most people might not know about you?
SP: I like to find a gym in the different towns we visit for tournaments and take aerobic classes.
4. Who is/was your role model and why?
SP: Definitely my dad. He played such a major role in shaping who I am today and helping me accomplish all my goals to this point.
5. What are your favorite TV shows?
SP: Friends, Desperate Housewives, ER and American Idol. I should also mention I love Matthew McConaughey – he’s hot!
6. If you could play a round of golf with three other people, who would they be (living or deceased)?
SP: I can think of two – George Strait (do I even need a reason?!) and Payne Stewart because he seemed like a really genuine person.
7. If you could switch jobs for a day with one person, who would it be?
SP: I would probably switch jobs with a physical therapist because that’s what I would have done if it wasn’t for golf.
8. Do you have any superstitions? Any lucky rituals or items you keep in your pocket and/or golf bag?
SP: My coach at the University of Tulsa gave me a bracelet and I always carry it in my golf bag. Other than that, I’m not very superstitious.
9. What was your first car and what do you drive now?
SP: My first car was a 1995 Geo Prism and now I drive a 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71.
Now a Quicker Nine…
1. What do you snack on out on the course: Banana’s and granola bars
2. What would you say you couldn’t live without? My husband…and cheese.
3. Favorite Tour Stop: Tulsa (home sweet home)
4. Favorite City: My other home – Broken Arrow, OK
5. Favorite movie: Pretty Woman
6. Favorite childhood TV show: The Cosby Show
7. Favorite Restaurant: Subway
8. Best moment on the golf course: Standing on the 18th green with my dad after my first win, last year at the Franklin American Mortgage Championship.
9. Best moment off the golf course: Getting married to my husband, Pete.
Top of Page