- Larger head than the Titleist Titanium 975D but same great looks.
- Higher Coefficient of Restitution (COR) for increased ball speed.
- Slightly higher launch angle.
- Reduced spin.
- Combination of higher speed, increased launch, and reduced spin means longer distance.
- Straighter ball flight.
- More forgiveness on off-center hits.
- 312 cc volume for more confidence at address.
- Highly accepted 975 "true pear" profile. Volume increased proportionately over the 975D by 20%.
- Larger size creates a higher MOI (moment of inertia) for more forgiveness.
- Larger, thinner face construction for higher COR, higher ball speed, and longer distance.
- Variable face design with a thicker face wall in the central impact region for strength and feel, with a thinner wall around the face perimeter for higher COR.
- Patent pending internal bulge and roll design properly blends together the regions of different face thickness to improve performance, feel and durability.
- Larger head provides a slightly deeper center of gravity (CG), for slightly more dynamic loft at impact, and slightly higher launch angle, to help increase distance.
- Strategic area of increased wall thickness in the crown towards the back and heel creates a slight backweight and deeper CG, and helps bias the internal weighting to eliminate the "high right" miss common to larger headed drivers.
- Larger, more compliant (flexible) face creates less spin. Combined with increased speed and launch creates longer, straighter flight.
- The new 975J produces slightly less spin than the 975D, but not too low spin as to eliminate shot workability and control.
Other Design Features
- Thru-bore shaft design for feel and stability at impact.
- Traditional hosel length and internal thru-bore tube creates a longer shaft insertion depth for stability, and to bias the CG closer to the shaft axis for better shot workability.
- Internal weight belt around the crown perimeter helps reinforce the larger head for added stability.
- Traditional bulge and roll for smaller contact point for better energy transfer.
- Proprietary scoreline pattern.
- Traditional bulge and roll for better appearance in the playing position. Additional roll helps show loft for added confidence.
- Face is balanced in the playing position, the profile is continuous and seamless to the eye with no disconnect, all the blends are smooth and all the features are proportionate.
- Attractive paint finish with polished face, sole and hosel.
- Titleist Fulcrum crown for alignment.
- New sole graphics include "Pro Titanium" model name.