2019 CABOT LINKS SWEEPSTAKES
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT TIME OF ENTRY.
Take Off With Titleist: Titleist Cabot 2020 Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
To enter: Visit https://titleist.com/tt-cabot-sweeps during the Contest Period and complete the initial entry form.
2. Sweepstakes Period: This Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 a.m ET on August 12, 2019 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 14, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes period”).
Limit one (1) entry per entrant. For the purposes of this Contest, an "entrant" shall consist of a person, family or household with a valid household mailing address and valid household e-mail address. Should multiple entries be received, all such entries will not be eligible for the drawing. Proof of e-mailing entry does not constitute proof of delivery. Incomplete entries are void.
3. Winner Selection: A random drawing to select five (5) entries for the second round of judging (“Finalists”) will be held on or around October 16th, 2019 from all eligible entries.
All Finalists will then be required to submit an essay (250 words max, written in English) describing why the Finalist should be selected as the winner focusing on Titleist loyalty and why they would choose their three selected Guests to accompany them on the trip.
By submitting an essay, the Finalist represents that it is Finalist’s original work and has not been previously published or submitted as an entry in a contest.
A panel of Titleist judges will evaluate the five (5) Finalists’ essays based on the following criteria: (a) displayed passion for the game of golf (0 - 20 points); (b) description of a favorite golf experience (0 - 20 points); (c) description of why being a part of the Team Titleist community is valuable (0 - 20 points); and (d) description of why the entrant has selected their Guests to accompany them on the trip (0 - 20 points). The panel of judges will select one (1) Grand Prize winner by October 25, 2019 based upon the scores. In the event of a tie, the winner will be deemed to be the tied entrant with the highest score for “passion for the game.” All other Finalists will be awarded a Second Prize. The judges’ decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- 4. Agreement to Official Rules/Grant of Rights: By entering, entrants and Guests agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Submission of an essay grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such essay in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to entrant. Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this Contest.
No Responsibility: Titleist is not responsible for any computer system, or technical malfunction of any telephone lines, computer on-line systems, software, hardware, servers, access providers, computer equipment, program malfunctions or other errors, failure of any entry to be received by Titleist on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at website, or any combination thereof, that are human or technical in nature, including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this Contest. Titleist reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Contest and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries prior to action taken by Titleist should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Titleist corrupt the security, administration or proper play of the game. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.titleist.com/tt-cabot-sweeps. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Titleist reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Titleist is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such devices will cause disqualification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” person in whose name the email account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the “Eligibility” section of these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Titleist reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- Prizes: A total of six (6) prizes will be awarded.
Five (5) Finalist Prizes: each prize consisting of winner’s choice of one (1) dozen AVX, Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls (model selected by winner on entry form, subject to availability) and one (1) Team Titleist tour hat. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize package is eighty-five dollars ($85.00).
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) winner, plus three (3) Guests, will win a “Titleist Cabot 2020 Sweepstakes” trip package with an ARV of four thousand five hundred fifty dollars ($4,546.00).
The trip package includes for each of the winner and three (3) Guests:
- round trip coach air transportation allowance from the major airport nearest winner’s address to Halifax, Nova Scotia;
- two (2) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations at the Cabot Links Resort;
- one (1) round of golf/foursome at each Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links; and
- one (1) dozen AVX, Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls
All meals, airport transfers/rental car, taxes, gratuities and other expenses in excess of the travel allowance are the responsibility of the winner. Actual value of trip depends on winner’s and Guests’ choices of Titleist golf balls, exact hotel accommodations, point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Guest accompanying winner must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If any of winner's Guests are minors, he/she must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents and travel with minor on trip. Exact travel arrangements subject to availability, provided that winner and Guest must agree on completing the trip between May 15, 2020 and July 4, 2020. If grand prize winner and/or Guest are unable to travel on the specified dates, the prize shall be forfeited and a new winner selected (the next highest scoring Finalist), time permitting.
B: Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes is approximately four thousand nine hundred and seventy one dollars ($4,971.00). Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except as provided herein. Titleist reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should featured prize become unavailable. All taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
7. Winner Notification/Verification and Releases: Contest winners will be notified by email and mail. If a notification letter or email is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor does not receive a response within a reasonable period of time, the award will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential Grand Prize Winner and Guests will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law), within five (5) days of the date notification is mailed. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of the applicable prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited, Winner and Guests consent to the use of their name, entry, photo, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation. Winner and Guests release Titleist, its directors, employees and agents including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and or use or misuse of any prize, including any prize travel.
8. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Winner’s Guests must be legal residents of the United States and must be of legal age of majority (unless winner is Guest’s parent or legal guardian, in which case, the Guest may be a minor). Employees of Acushnet Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate families and/or household members of each are not eligible. Prizes won by eligible minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documentation. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
9. Disputes: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and agree that all disputes related in any way to this Contest shall be resolved exclusively in those courts.
10. Winners List: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped legal size envelope by October 14, 2019 to: “Take Off With Titleist: Titleist Cabot 2020 Sweepstakes” c/o Acushnet Company, 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719. Titleist assumes no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or postage due mail.
11. Sponsor: Acushnet Company (“Titleist”), 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719.
- Social Media: The sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.