2017 Ultimate Experience
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT TIME OF ENTRY.
2017 Team Titleist Ultimate Experience Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
2. To enter: Visit http://www.titleist.com/ultimate-experience during the Contest Period and complete the initial entry form.
Limit one (1) entry per entrant. For the purposes of this Contest, an "entrant" shall consist of a person, family or household with a valid household mailing address and valid household e-mail address. Should multiple entries be received, all such entries will not be eligible for the drawing. Proof of e-mailing entry does not constitute proof of delivery. Incomplete entries are void.
3. Winner Selection: A random drawing to select eighteen (18) entries for the second round of judging (“Finalists”) will be held on or around June 26, 2017 from all eligible entries.
All Finalists will then be required to submit an essay (300 words max, written in English) explaining what they love most about the game of golf and why they chose their Guest to accompany them on the trip.
You will be required to acknowledge that your Guest consents to entry in this Contest. Winner’s Guest shall be contacted by email to confirm this acknowledgment.
By submitting an essay, you represent that it is your original work and has not been previously published or submitted as an entry in a contest.
A panel of Titleist judges will evaluate the eighteen (18) Finalists’ essays based on the following criteria: (a) displayed passion for the game of golf (0 - 20 points); (b) description of why the entrant has selected their Guest to accompany them on the trip (0 - 20 points); and (c) description of why they love the game of golf (0 – 20 points). The panel of judges will select one (1) Grand Prize winner by July 10, 2017 based upon the scores. In the event of a tie, the winner will be deemed to be the tied entrant with the highest score for “passion for the game.” All other Finalists will be awarded a Second Prize. The judges’ decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest.
4. Contest Period: This Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET on June 12 2017 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 25, 2017.
5. Agreement to Official Rules/Grant of Rights: By entering, entrants and guests agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Submission of an essay grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such essay in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to entrant. Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this Contest.
6. No Responsibility: Titleist is not responsible for any computer system, or technical malfunction of any telephone lines, computer on-line systems, software, hardware, servers, access providers, computer equipment, program malfunctions or other errors, failure of any entry to be received by Titleist on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at website, or any combination thereof, that are human or technical in nature, including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this Contest. Titleist reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Contest and randomly award the prizes from among all eligible entries prior to action taken by Titleist should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Titleist corrupt the security, administration or proper play of the game. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.titleist.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Titleist reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Titleist is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such devices will cause disqualification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” person in whose name the email account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the “Eligibility” section of these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Titleist reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
7. Prizes: Prizes: A total of eighteen (18) prizes will be awarded.
Seventeen (17) Second Place Prizes: winner will receive a Team Titleist prize pack that includes: one (1) dozen of Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls (subject to availability); one (1) Team Titleist hat; and one (1) Team Titleist bag tag. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Second Place Prize is eighty dollars ($80.00).
One (1) Grand Prize: a travel package consisting of round trip coach air transportation for two (2) persons (winner and Guest) from a major airport near winner's house to Boston, MA or Providence, RI (departing September 6, 2017 and returning September 9, 2016); three (3) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations at an area hotel; one (1) Tour Fitting Experience for both the winner and Guest at the Titleist Manchester Lane Testing Facility in Acushnet, MA on September 8, 2017; a guided tour of the Titleist Headquarters in Fairhaven, Mass., and Titleist Ball Plant III in New Bedford, MA; one (1) complete set of fourteen (14) Titleist golf clubs for both winner and Guest (final set compositions will be determined during the fitting experience) in the person’s choice of right or left hand; one (1) Titleist Premium Stand Bag for both winner and Guest; six (6) dozen Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls for both winner and Guest; and a six hundred dollar ($600.00) travel allowance for the winner to help offset airport transfers/rental car, meals, gratuities, and other expenses. ARV: Nine thousand four hundred ninety six dollars ($9,496.00). All meals, airport transfers/rental car, taxes, gratuities and other expenses in excess of the travel allowance are the responsibility of the winner. Actual value of trip depends on winner’s and Guest’s choices of Titleist golf clubs, exact hotel accommodations, point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Guest accompanying winner must sign and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If winner's guest is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents and travel with minor on trip. Exact travel arrangements subject to availability, provided that winner and Guest must travel on September 6, 2017 and return on September 9, 2017. If grand prize winner and/or Guest are unable to travel on the specified dates, the prize shall be forfeited and a new winner selected (the next highest scoring Finalist), time permitting.
B: Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes is approximately eleven thousand one hundred fifty-six dollars ($11,156.00). Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except as provided herein. Titleist reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should featured prize become unavailable. All taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
8. Winner Notification/Verification and Releases: Contest winners will be notified by email and mail. If a notification letter or email is returned as undeliverable, or if sponsor does not receive a response within a reasonable period of time, the award will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law), within five (5) days of the date notification is mailed. Both winner and Guest shall be required to sign confidentiality agreements before granted access to Titleist facilities. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of the applicable prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited, winner and Guest consent to the use of their name, entry, photo, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation. Winner and Guest release Titleist, its directors, employees and agents including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and or use or misuse of any prize, including any prize travel.
9. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Winner’s Guest must be a legal resident of the United States and must be of legal age of majority (unless winner is Guest’s parent or legal guardian, in which case, the Guest may be a minor). Employees of Acushnet Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate families and/or household members of each are not eligible. Prizes won by eligible minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documentation. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
10. Disputes: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts, Massachusetts, and agree that all disputes related in any way to this Contest shall be resolved exclusively in those courts.
11. Winners List: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped legal size envelope by December 15, 2017 to: “2017 Team Titleist Ultimate Experience Contest” c/o Acushnet Company, 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719. Titleist assumes no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or postage due mail.
12. Sponsor: Acushnet Company (“Titleist”), 333 Bridge Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719.