Austin and Recari Combine for 2-Win Weekend for Titleist Golf Ball Players
Posted: July 22, 2013
In five professional competitions around the world last week, 392 players trusted a Titleist golf ball for their success. Two of those players entered the winner's circle, as Pro V1x loyalist Woody Austin captured the Sanderson Farms Championship on the PGA TOUR and Pro V1 loyalist Beatriz Recari triumphed at the Marathon Classic on the LPGA TOUR.
With two more wins, Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf ball loyalists have now won 82 tournaments on the worldwide professional tours in 2013, nearly three times the nearest competitor with 28 and more than all other competitors combined.
• • •
PGA TOUR: Sanderson Farms Championship
- Of the 130-player field, 85 relied upon Titleist golf balls, more than five times the nearest competitor with 16.
- Woody Austin topped Cameron Beckman and Daniel Summerhays with a birdie on the first hole of an all-Titleist Pro V1x playoff. The trio finished regulation at 20-under par 268.
- Pro V1x loyalist Nicholas Thompson finished in sole possession of fourth place at 18-under par 270 for the week.
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Jason Bohn shot a final round 6-under par 66 to finish in a tie for 9th along with Pro V1x loyalists Billy Mayfair and Jim Herman.
• • •
LPGA TOUR: Marathon Classic
- Of the 156-player field, 107 relied upon Titleist golf balls, nearly six times the nearest competitor with 18.
- Titleist Pro V1 golf ball loyalist Beatriz Recari rolled in a 12-foot birdie putt on the 14th hole to take the lead for good and win the Marathon Classic for her third LPGA Tour title.
- Recari closed with a 5-under 66 to finish with a 17-under 267 victory total, one shot clear of her nearest competitor.
• • •
EUROPEAN TOUR: The Open Championship
- At the 142nd Open Championship, 91 players relied upon Titleist golf balls, more than four times the nearest competitor with 21.
- Four of the top five finishers relied upon Titleist golf balls for their success, including runner-up Pro V1x loyalist Henrik Stenson, who was three shots behind the champion. Titleist Brand Ambassador Adam Scott, as well as Pro V1x loyalists Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood, tied for 3rd place, another shot back.
- Poulter and Titleist Brand Ambassador Jason Dufner each turned in final rounds of 4-under par 67, the second lowest score of the day.