Front Page News for Titleist at the Bob Hope Classic
Posted: January 22, 2009
Titleist players made quite a splash as the 2009 Bob Hope Classic Hosted by Arnold Palmer got underway yesterday in LaQuinta, California. Upon completion of the first round, the front page of the tournament leaderboard (reserved for those players tied for tenth place and better) was made up exclusively of Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x loyalists. Earning a spot on the front page of this leaderboard required some extraordinary play - each of the twelve players needed to shoot a score of 64 or lower to break into the Top 10.
Some highlights from LaQuinta include:
- Leader Pat Perez fired an 11-under 61 playing the New 2009 Pro V1x golf ball.
- A total of six players among the Top 10 and ties relied upon the New 2009 Pro V1 or Pro V1x, including:
- Bubba Watson (T2/New Pro V1x)
- Ben Crane (T4/New Pro V1x)
- Jason Dufner (T4/New Pro V1)
- Richard S. Johnson (T4/New Pro V1)
- Chris DiMarco (T10/New Pro V1)
- Titleist was the overwhelming top choice in golf balls at the 2009 Bob Hope Classic with 92 players, or 72 percent of the field, nearly six times the nearest competitor with 16 players.
- Of Titleist's 92 players, 44 have transitioned into the New 2009 Pro V1 or Pro V1x.
-The New 2009 Pro V1x was the most played golf ball in the field with 22 players, followed by the New 2009 Pro V1 with 20 players.
Be sure to check back here and on the Golf Club Leaderboard at Titleist.com for more Titleist equipment success updates throughout the season.
|Pat Perez (pictured in 2008) took the lead at the Bob Hope Classic after firing an opening round 61 using the New Pro V1x.