“Love the soft feel and added distance on irons.”
“The soft feel is amazing! It really complements all of its other characteristics like longer, great control around the greens, and a little lower ball flight.”
“When will it be available to the rest of us?”
“Bring this ball to market.”
These are just a few of the comments we heard from Team Titleist as we embarked on a comprehensive test market in Arizona, California and Florida that started in October 2017 and ran until January 2018.
The end result… resounding validation of AVX, particularly among golfers who prioritize distance and extremely soft feel.
And now, we’re excited to announce that beginning today Titleist AVX is available in golf shops across the U.S. In fact, we’ve accelerated the manufacturing of AVX in Titleist Ball Plant 3 in New Bedford, Mass. to meet golfer demand and the worldwide launch of AVX in the coming months.
“Golfers have spoken loud and clear about the performance of AVX,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “While our R&D team is constantly exploring new golf ball technologies, only a limited number of prototypes ever make it past the initial machine and player testing phases. AVX stood out from the beginning. Ultimately, it was important to let golfers decide whether this golf ball had a place in our line and the results of our test market were emphatic. Many golfers were waiting for a product like AVX – our lowest flying, lowest spinning and softest feeling high performance golf ball – to help them play their best.”
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AVX
Featuring a proprietary multi-component construction, AVX delivers remarkable distance and penetrating flight, very low long game and iron spin, exceptionally soft feel and premium scoring control through the following new technologies:
• An innovative high speed, low compression core technology results in a powerful engine to drive remarkable distance with exceptionally soft feel.
• The invention of a new high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
• The proprietary GRN41 thermoset cast urethane elastomer cover has been specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D to deliver premium scoring control with exceptionally soft feel and long lasting durability.
• A unique catenary aerodynamic design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
• AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility (also home to the industry-leading Pro V1 and Pro V1x models) to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
• AVX is offered in both white and high-optic yellow.
• Titleist AVX golf balls are available in the U.S. beginning April 23, 2018, with worldwide availability scheduled for later this year.
Customize and order yours today!