Features Reformulated High-Speed Core and High Flex Casing Layer with Proprietary Titleist Performance Urethane (TPU) Cover
When the original Tour Speed was introduced two years ago, it was the first Titleist high performance, multilayer golf ball with a proprietary Titleist Performance Urethane (TPU) cover, and immediately provided golfers the fastest, best performing model in its category.
The reformulated Tour Speed continues to produce consistently fast speed, penetrating flight, and exceptional short game control golfers have come to trust and expect from this model. All of this was accomplished while adhering to the rigorous quality and consistency standards required to be stamped with the Titleist script.
The reformulated core delivers high speed, and a proprietary high flex casing layer, uniquely designed for this golf ball to maintain low long game spin. The reformulated Tour Speed golf ball maintains its proprietary Titleist Performance Urethane (TPU) cover – specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D chemists - and 346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design, a combination engineered to generate a penetrating, consistent flight, and optimized greenside spin for short game control.
The result is a combination of speed and spin to help execute any shot, tee through green.
“The key to the development process was successfully reformulating the core and high-flex casing layer to perform in conjunction with the proprietary Titleist Performance Urethane (TPU) cover to our stringent quality tolerances, so the golf ball performs consistently on every shot,” said Frederick Waddell, Director of Product Management.
“The Titleist Performance Urethane cover material is innovative and best in class,” said Mike Madson, Senior Director, Research and Engineering. “We did maintain the 346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple pattern based on feedback from the Tour Speed golfer who prefers its penetrating mid-flight trajectory and long distance.”
2022 TOUR SPEED TECHNOLOGY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- REFORMULATED, high speed, high compression 1.550” CORE generates fast speed on full swing shots to deliver maximum distance.
- REFORMULATED, PROPRIETARY high flex CASING layer helps maintain low, long game spin.
- PROPRIETARY Titleist Performance Urethane (TPU) COVER is engineered to deliver exceptional greenside spin for short game control.
- 346 quadrilateral dipyramid DIMPLE DESIGN provides a penetrating flight trajectory for long distance.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
- The Titleist Tour Speed will be available in the U.S. on May 20th in White (#1-4) and on June 21st in Yellow (#1-4) at $40/dozen.
- It will be available in global markets beginning May 20th in both White and Yellow (#1-4).