PGA TOUR / DP WORLD TOUR | Barbasol Championship
Titleist Brand Ambassador Vincent Norrman emerged victorious from a sudden-death playoff after making par on the par-4 18th hole, earning his first career PGA TOUR win.
- Norrman, playing his Pro V1x golf ball, TSR3 driver, Titleist irons and Vokey Design wedges, shot a final round 6-under 66 to reach the 22-under mark set by fellow Titleist Brand Ambassador Nathan Kimsey and force extra holes.
- After missing the green with his approach on the first playoff hole, Norrman secured the winning par with a deft short-sided pitch that settled within three feet of the cup.
- For the week in Kentucky, Norrman turned in four rounds of 67 or better – 66-67-67-66 – around Keene Trace Golf Club, making 26 birdies and two eagles.
- He ranked third for the week in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (+5.135), with more than two strokes coming from his tee shots on Sunday (+2.19, 1st), hitting 13 of 14 fairways.
- Norrman also ranked eighth in Strokes Gained: Around the Greens (+3.741).
NORRMAN ON HIS PRO V1x
- “I prefer the Pro V1x because with my spin I can launch it a little higher and hold the greens a little bit better.”
What’s in the Bag? | Vincent Norrman
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: TSR3 10.0° | Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 TX-Flex
Irons: 620 CB 4-5 | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 and 620 MB 6-PW irons| True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Vokey Design SM9 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.10S | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 (50, 54), True Tempter Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 (60)
LPGA TOUR | Dana Open
Linn Grant (Pro V1) earned her first victory on the LPGA Tour, shooting a final round 68 to reach 21 under and win by three shots.
- Grant got off to a fast start on Thursday, shooting an opening round bogey-free 7-under 64.
- On Saturday, she turned in the low round of the tournament – a 9-under 62 that featured eight birdies and an eagle.
- In complete control of her Pro V1, Grant hit 47 of 56 fairways and 57 of 72 greens for the week.
- Said Grant on her first LPGA win: “I've been thinking about it all day. I think I've imagined this day so many times in so many ways in my own mind. No, just being here now, I'm just so speechless and at the same time I feel familiar with the setting for some reason. But it's just so fun.”
- Coming off her breakthrough victory at the U.S. Women’s Open, Allisen Corpuz (Pro V1) shot a final round 65 to finish solo second, while Lindy Duncan (Pro V1x) finished third.
PGA TOUR / DP WORLD TOUR | Genesis Scottish Open
RUNNER-UP GAMES TITLEIST DRIVER, VOKEY WEDGES, SCOTTY CAMERON PUTTER
- The late clubhouse leader and eventual runner-up at the Genesis Scottish Open made the switch to a Titleist driver, Vokey Design wedges and Scotty Cameron putter from competitive models at the beginning of the season following a trip to the Titleist Performance Centre at Woburn (England).
- His prior setup had only included his Vokey lob wedge by Titleist. His current setup includes:
- TSi3 8.0° driver | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X;
- Vokey Design SM9 50.08F, 56.10S, WedgeWorks 60T wedges | True Temper Dynamic Gold Onyx X100 (50°); Dynamic Gold Onyx S400 (56°-60°); and
- Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 tour prototype putter.
- This week, he gained nearly two shots on the field off the tee (+1.939/22nd) and more than two around the green (+2.311/14th), while getting up-and-down over 79% of the time (5th).
- With his Phantom X 5.5 putter, he gained more five shots on the greens (+5.132/9th).
BYEONG HUN AN, DAVID LINGMERTH EARN TICKETS TO THE OPEN
- Titleist Brand Ambassador Byeong Hun An (Pro V1x) and David Lingmerth (Pro V1) both finished the week T3 to qualify for next week’s Open Championship, with the final spots at Royal Liverpool going to the top three finishers not otherwise exempt – An opened the week with a career-low 61 (9 under).
- Trusting his Pro V1x golf ball and full complement of Titleist clubs, he gained more than eight shots on the field tee to green (+8.294/4th), with more than five of those coming off the tee with his TSR4 driver (+5.247/2nd).
What’s in the Bag? | Ben An
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: TSR4 9.0° | Motore X F1 6 X-Flex
Utility Irons: U505 1 | MMT Utility Iron 105 TX-Flex and NEW T200 3 iron | MMT Taper Iron 105 TX-Flex
Irons: NEW T150 4-5 irons | Project X 6.5 and 620 MB 6-9 irons | Project X 6.5
Wedges: Vokey Design SM9 48.10F, 52.08F, 56.08M, WedgeWorks 60T wedges | True Temper Project X 6.5 (46°, 50°), Project X 6.0 (56°), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 (60°)
- Lingmerth closed in 2-under 68 to match An at 10 under par for the week, getting his Pro V1 golf ball up-and-down a perfect 10 out of 10 times on Sunday.
SCHEFFLER’S RUN CONTINUES
- In tying for third place, Scottie Scheffler (Pro V1) made it seven consecutive top-5 finishes on the PGA TOUR, as well as 18 straight finishes of T12 or better.
- He leads the TOUR this season in three of the six Strokes Gained categories: Tee-to-Green (+2.805), Off-the-Tee (+1.088) and Approach (+1.257).
- The world No. 1 also ranks 4th in SG: Around-the-Green (+0.476).
- “I feel like you’re always playing a different type of shot. Rarely am I just hitting a straight up stock shot. You’re always trying to do a little something with the golf ball,” Scheffler said. “And so having that consistency and knowing that golf ball’s going to react the way I need it to react when it comes off the face and when it goes into the green – especially when you get in a Tour setup where the greens are crazy firm, the wind is blowing – you got to have total control over where that golf ball is going to go. I feel like I’ve gotten that consistency with the Titleist ball over the years, and I really trust how it reacts.”
PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS | Kaulig Companies Championship
STRICKER WINS THIRD MAJOR OF SEASON, CONTINUES OUTSTANDING FORM
Steve Stricker (Pro V1x) won his third PGA Tour Champions major of the year and fifth tournament overall this season, shooting a final round 66 to reach 11 under and secure a three-shot victory.
- The win, which marks Stricker’s 7th PGA Tour Champions major and 16th career PGA Tour Champions title, adds to an extraordinary year in which he has finished inside the top ten in each of his 13 starts in 2023.
- This week at Firestone CC, Stricker shot three rounds of 66 or better and made 17 birdies for the week.
- He finished T4 in Greens in Regulation (65.28%, 47/72) and got his Pro V1x up-and-down 18 of 25 attempts (3rd).
- Since beginning his season in January, Stricker has played in 13 events and won five times, including his three major championship victories.
- He has finished outside the top five just once this year (T8) and has recorded five runner-up finishes, including one at the U.S. Senior Open two weeks ago.
- Said Stricker: “I'm playing very consistently. I have a lot of belief and trust in what I'm doing, I'm not getting rattled. Today I felt very comfortable out there being in that position, and I think that's the difference from now to other years on Tour. I never got in – I won 12 times, but I never got into contention like I'm getting into contention now on the Champions Tour. I have more cracks at it, more times to fail, more times to succeed. Then when you do succeed, you can draw off those times.”
- With his victory this week, Stricker also earns a spot in the 2024 PLAYERS Championship.
- Nine of the 11 players who finished among the top ten and ties this week relied on a Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball for their success.
KORN FERRY TOUR | The Ascendant presented by Blue
Titleist Brand Ambassador Nicholas Lindheim won his third career Korn Ferry Tour title, shooting a final round 6-under 66 to win by two shots.
- Playing a Pro V1 golf ball, TSR2 driver, T100 irons and more, Lindheim turned in all four rounds in the 60’s this week around TPC Colorado (66-67-69-66) on his way to posting 20 under.
- He ranked T1 in Greens in Regulation (81%, 58/72), T8 in Driving Accuracy (79%, 44/56) and 12th in Scrambling, getting his Pro V1 up-and-down 10 of 14 attempts.
What’s in the Bag? | Nicholas Lindheim
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Driver: TSR2 9.0°
Fairway Metal: TSR3 16.5°
Irons: T200 4, T100 5-9
Wedges: Vokey Design SM9 48.10F, 50.08F, 54.08M, 58.04L
Putter: Scotty Cameron Masterful + tour prototype
PGA TOUR CANADA | Quebec Open
Davis Lamb (Pro V1) shot a final round 63 to post 22 under and claim his second victory of the PGA Tour Canada season in his first two starts this year.
- Lamb’s week featured four rounds of 66 or better (65-66-64-63) and 29 total birdies, four of which came on the back nine on Sunday on his way to the one-shot victory.
- With the win, Lamb moves to No. 1 in the season-long Fortinet Cup standings.
AMATEUR | Trans-Mississippi Amateur
The winner of the Trans-Mississippi Amateur gamed a Pro V1x golf ball and three Vokey Design wedges (50, 56, 60) on his way to victory.
- The champion forced a playoff after posting 12 under for the tournament before birdieing the first extra hole for the win.