Pro V1x loyalist Matt Fitzpatrick broke through for his first major victory, winning the 122nd U.S. Open Championship at The Country Club in Brookline, MA, the same site of his U.S. Amateur victory in 2013.
Fitzpatrick came into Sunday at 4 under par for the championship and in a tie for the lead. He capped off his steady play all week with a final round 2 under par 68 to secure the U.S. Open Championship Trophy.
Here are some other fast facts from Fitzpatrick’s major win:
- Fitzpatrick posted all four rounds at The Country Club at par or better.
- For the week Fitzpatrick ranked 2nd in SG: Off the Tee (+4.78) and tied for 1st in Greens in Regulation (72%).
- He ranked 1st in SG: Short Game (+5.65).
- Fitzpatrick became just the 3rd player ever to win the U.S. Open and U.S. Amateur on the same golf course.
- Fitzpatrick made 19 birdies on the week, leading the field in that category.
- Fitzpatrick hit 17 of 18 greens at Brookline on Sunday, only the third player in the last 30 years to do so in the final round of a major win.
And in case you missed it, check out this exclusive content where we walked a few holes with Fitzpatrick earlier in the week:
Inside the Numbers at the 2022 U.S. Open
What’s in the Bag: Will Zalatoris
Golf Ball: Pro V1
Driver: TSi3 9.0° with a Fujikura Speeder 757 TR X shaft
Fairway Metal: TSi3 16.5° with a Fujikura Atmos 8 Red shaft
Utility iron: T200 3-iron
Irons: T100 4-PW with Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue shafts
Wedges: New Vokey Design SM9 50.08F, 54.10S at 55, 60T with Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue shafts
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11 Tour Prototype