Increasing performance through every single layer of the golf ball, the new Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x models are designed for longer distance, even more greenside spin and control and softer feel – with the unmatched ball-to-ball consistency and quality that golfers expect from Titleist.
The new Pro V1 and Pro V1x are the result of new core, casing layer, cover and aerodynamic technologies – including proprietary 388 (Pro V1) and 348 (Pro V1x) dimple designs optimized for extraordinary distance and consistent flight – that combine to make the most trusted and best performing golf balls in the game even better.
2021 PRO V1 & PRO V1x PERFORMANCE
From the best players in the world to amateurs of all skill levels, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x are designed for golfers who prioritize performance above all else. Both new 2021 models deliver longer distance, increased Drop-and-StopTM greenside control, softer feel and long-lasting durability – while maintaining their differences in flight, feel and spin:
- New Pro V1 offers the greatest combination of speed, spin and feel in the game, providing the best fit for the majority of golfers. Pro V1 flies lower than Pro V1x with a penetrating trajectory and has a very soft feel.
- New Pro V1x has a fast, high flight and delivers spin when and where a golfer wants it. Pro V1x is designed for players who want a higher trajectory and increased spin relative to Pro V1, with a slightly firmer feel.
“When a golfer chooses Pro V1 or Pro V1x, they are choosing absolute performance,” said Jeremy Stone, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “Our R&D and Operations teams have spent years engineering new technology into each and every component of 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x. When it comes to the performance and quality of these products, we will continue to go to every length possible to help golfers play their best and shoot their lowest scores.”
2021 PRO V1 AND PRO V1x TECHNOLOGY
Advancements in Titleist’s industry-leading multi-component technology are precisely designed to work together, providing total performance and extreme consistency on every shot:
- Reformulated 2.0 ZG Process Cores deliver increased distance in the solid core Pro V1 and dual core Pro V1x.
- Faster High-Flex Casing Layer adds speed and lowers long game spin. This highly-resilient, high-speed ionomer was initially developed for and validated by Pro V1x Left Dash.
- New, Softer Cast Urethane Elastomer Cover – the softest cover formulation ever used on a Pro V1 or Pro V1x – increases greenside spin for more control in the short game.
- New Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs– featuring a 388 dimple layout for Pro V1, and 348 for Pro V1x – are optimized to each model to maximize distance and flight consistency. Pro V1 maintains its penetrating trajectory while Pro V1x will fly higher than the prior generation.
The new dimple designs on 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x – the first entirely new patterns since 2011 – are the result of Titleist’s unparalleled commitment to understanding and improving the flight of the golf ball.
Since the original Pro V1 debuted 20 years ago, Titleist R&D has designed, manufactured and tested more than 1,900 aerodynamic patterns. That includes more than 60 different iterations of 2021 Pro V1’x 388 dimple layout, and more than 30 versions of Pro V1x’s 348 dimple design.
“When we find a pattern we like, the next step is making sure we find the best possible version of that pattern by building and testing different variations of dimple depths, diameters, shapes and surface coverages,” said Mike Madson, Titleist R&D’s Director of Aerodynamics & Research Engineering “It takes years of work – we’ve been working on these new packages for almost a decade – but it is that commitment to research that ensures each golf ball is optimized to fly at its longest and most efficient trajectory.”
The continued investment in advanced technology and quality control at Titleist Ball Plants 3 and 4 – where every Pro V1 and Pro V1x are manufactured by Titleist associates to the industry’s highest performance and quality specifications – ensures that every new generation of Pro V1 and Pro V1x are the best performing and most consistent models ever. Consistency from ball to ball, and dozen to dozen is critical to allowing golfers to consistently execute the same types of shots, round after round.
Since their November 2020 introduction on the PGA Tour, many of the world’s best players have teed up new Pro V1 and Pro V1x in competition including Justin Thomas (Pro V1x), Tony Finau (Pro V1), Adam Scott (Pro V1x), – and Cameron Smith (Pro V1x), who became the first player in the history of The Masters to finish with all four rounds in the 60s while playing new Pro V1x.
“When I first tested it, it was a bit hotter off the driver, which was great,” Smith said. “The ball flight and windows were great. But the biggest thing that stuck out was the control coming out of the rough and around the greens. I can control my shots – especially those difficult, soft shots – so much better.”
The new 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls will be available for pre-sale beginning on Jan. 21, and will be in golf shops beginning Jan. 27, 2021 in both white (play numbers 1-4, 5-8 and all the same play number 00 or 1-99) and high optic yellow (play numbers 1-4) at $49.99 MAP.